Kemper backup failed and corrupted the .kpabackup

• Yesterday I tried to load a KPA backup into a new KPA (backup was from a another KPA) and that failed. Not even dit it fail but it also completely ruined the .kpabackup files on the (dedicated) stick as well! After my attempts to restore my settings and rigs the .kpabackup contained no data anymore, they where all 0 Kb in size and I couldn't use them anymore.

It's not a very big deal to me that the rigs and settings where gone (should have kept a copy of the .kpabackup on my PC as well of course and I didn't) but it sounds weird to me that a device just eats a backupfle. After the failed restore the KPA rebooted and I had to enter date and time again.

Do I have to worry that a part of the OS now isn't backupped/installed or is it just the rigs and the settings that are not taken over from the .kpabackup?

• Yea, something like that must have happened but normally a backup file should not be modified while trying to restore it (just as a common rule I mean, not specificly for the KPA).

Power shouldn't have been the issue because it was plugged straight into the powersocket of the wall.

It did reset itself 3 times (i tried this 3 times with 3 different backup files) after the failed restores and left me with 3 blanco corrupt backup files on the stick...

Won't be going into this further but I'm 100% sure this device sounds different (better) than the one I had before (I noticed that because one of the bought profiles sounded really bad on the other device and extremely good on this one!) so I need to redo all the tweaking work again because this device sounds different, that's why I don't care so much about the lost stuff :)

• The Profiler does not touch any other files. The only thing I could imagine is that the file system on the USB stick is corrupt.
    If you use it with Windows you can let Windows repair the filesystem. After that, you can check if your data is still broken or available again.
    But the crashing/corrupt files all over the place looks like that.

• Issue solved, it seemed that the USB I used stick was not working properly, specificly for backups. As soon as a backup was created (succesfully according the KPA) the file was 0 kb on the stick, so unusable. Transferring rigs worked as a charm but the backups didn't so I got another USB device and now it works :) Thanks for the feedback!

• I had the same problem and figured out the solution.

My 2GB stick has been formatted by Kemper to FAT16, and also produced corrupted kpabackup file (zero bytes).
    After manually formatting it to FAT32 on my laptop, the backup on Kemper worked properly yielding 2.6MB of kpabackup.

Another stick 32GB has been formatted by Kemper properly to FAT32 therefore not causing any problems from the beginning.

The solution is to use always FAT32, and not to trust in Kemper formatting.