Setting up L and R Main Outs seperately?

• Hey Guys,
    Is it possible to set up the left and the right side of the main outs seperately? So I can pan them for example L80 R20 or something like that.
    Or even having on one of the sides a dry and on the other one a wet signal?
    Our other guitarist and I are trying to set up our rigs the right way for playing stereo live. So when he is playing some lead stuff that he is stereo and I am mono and also the other way around.
    Thanks

• Thank you for your quick replay.
    I'm not sure if that works out for me. When my Monitor Output carrys the master signal and the main outputs the delay/reverb signal I don't have the possibility to feed my poweramp with my master signal as I am using the direct output for a loop. I think it would be really helpful if you could use different settings for both of the main outs.

• Well I thought it would be a good idea to use on output for the master mono signal and another one just with the wet Reverb/Delay signal so that my leads and cleans (with reverb and delay) sound a bit more atmospheric and are more present in the mix if that does make any sense. And altough I want to have one output for my poweramp + cab on stage and the direct output for the loop. Please correct me when I am wrong and if there is a better more logical way to achieve what I want

• Actually I'm not even sure if it is a wet/dry config or if it does make any sense. I try to explain what I thought about. We have to guitarists in my band and we are wondering how to setup our equipment for live gigs. And we thought it was I good idea to let the one of us playing some lead stuff switch from mono to stereo so the lead line gets better through the mix and sounds more atmospheric. Then when we both play the same rhythm riffs again switch back from stereo to mono. So I thought we may be able to achieve that by configering the both main outs seperately. I hope you understand what I'm trying to do and may help me with that. Or if you think that there's a better way of achieving the same thing please tell me how.

• Well, like outlined above, the Kemper main outs cannot be configured differently for l and r.
    That said, it would be a bad idea to do something like extreme stereo in a live situation because most of the audience would get an inadequate impression of what's going on.
    If you want something more atmospheric, use some FX that were designed for that purpose in the first place: chorus, flanger, etc.
    You can also try the stereo widener but be careful with the stereo image.

• There's no way to turn off one master output while running the other. They both will be active at the same time.

Also, as Ingolf suggested, this might not be a good idea. You could always set up a performance with the stereo widener or a ping-pong delay to achieve the effect you're looking for through the house PA, but whether you get adequate left-right separation would also hinge on how the soundman has the guitars mixed in, i.e. they might not be centred and instead panned heavily left and right. When you hear that effect on records, it's usually someone on the console panning a signal left and right and this could also be replicated in a live situation if you have a sound guy of your own. ^^