Output levels

• Ok, I think I have it sort of figured out... if I link everything, everything works ok. Didn't think I'd need to link them as some have suggested, it's probably that I'm just NOT using the Main Outputs.

Gary ô¿ô

• Just for info, connecting the main out XLR's to an M-Track (M-Audio) audio interface, there is horrible clipping for any profile if I leave the Main Out level at 0db. Even with the interface's channel "gain" knobs full counterclockwise. I need to set the Main Out level at -15db or less. At -10db still clipping.

It may happen...

• Just for info, connecting the main out XLR's to an M-Track (M-Audio) audio interface, there is horrible clipping for any profile if I leave the Main Out level at 0db. Even with the interface's channel "gain" knobs full counterclockwise. I need to set the Main Out level at -15db or less. At -10db still clipping.

It is important to notice that at 0dB the KPA's XLR outputs are more line-level than mic-level. Many mixing consoles and audio-interfaces don't have the ability to handle such hot signals. I've never had any complaints from a soundman when I detach the mains from the master-volume and set it somewhere between -15 and -20dB. You can also use attenuators or DI-boxes but those will add even more noise to the signal than you get from re-amplifying the reduced KPA output in a mic-preamp.

• The Profiler is definitely a preamp, so it outputs a full line level signal when not attenuated.

Also, the Master volume is not a hard limiter, and is "in series" with the Volume knob, the Cab section and all the stomps, and by no means measures what the Profiler is outputting. Different profile gains do affect the output level.
    IOW, the Profiler outputs - say - 0 dB only when all the involved volume controls are set to 0 dB and a proportional signal is produced by the profile.