Volume pedal for Kemper: ernieball passive volume pedal.

• Hi, I'm a new user of the KPA. I'd ask to all users of the forum how can I use the volume pedal in subjet.
    So, I've linked my KPA (input 1) to my pedal(in and out) with a stereo cable "Y" . The pedal is recognized by KPA, but the problem is that only in the final range of the pedal there is all the possibility of driving the volume, while in the other 3/4 I can't drive it.

If is possible, how can I set my KPA?

Thank you...and rock on!

• Did you move the pedal from heel position to toe position after you pressed "Pedal Init"?

From the Manual:
    " If you find that the pedal does not cover the full value range, press “Pedal Init” on the respective soft button, then perform a full swell on the pedal to re-calibrate it."

If you have already done the above:

The Kemper was designed to use an Expression Pedal, with a linear taper potentiometer in it.

Guitar Volume pedals have a logarithmic non-linear potentiometer in them, so they do not control the Kemper's volume as well as an expression pedal.

• Hi Zoso,

Welcome.

I have used a "Y" cable, the 2 mono jacks into my EB J 250k volume pedal and the stereo jack into the KPA. Inside the stereo jack casing I soldered a tiny 27k resistor between the tip and the ring contacts. This brings the maximum resistance seen by the KPA down to about 24k, which is within the KPA impedance range as against the standard 250k which is presented by the pedal without this modification and well outside the KPA range.

The pedal of course also remains quite useable as an analogue volume control and the whole cost has been about £5 (Great British Pounds) for both the cable and the resistor.

For volume control, I am delighted with the full range result and have yet to test the wha and other expression pedal effects. I know the wha effect has a wide range of adjustments so I am very optimistic.

Best of luck,
    Paul

Edited once, last by PCB ().

• Hi again Zoso,
    Just to confirm that EBJ 250k volume pedal with modified "Y" cable works great for me as wah wah as well as volume.
    Cheers,
    Paul

• That's ok Paul!! all works fine now...with a very little resistance! thank you, just hank you.

To the next...