Profiling Boss AC-3 - Profile Included....

• I need help getting a correct profile of my AC-3 settings. I plug the input/output into send and receive on the Kemper..... choose an acoustic sim and profile. It registers that its a distorted amp after profiling and during it changes the gain from 0 to about 4? I did one and it sounded alright but would start to collapse on itself when played hard even though it did not show clipping. Any advise would be appreciated.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Yes. But the variables matter and the jumbo settings using a neck humbucker are not what I have it setup with so I wanted to profile my own settings.

• I am using 2.6. I changed the direct out to GIT analog based off the loop issue that was brought up. Is that the correct setting for final resolution?

• Yes, I think that is the correct setting for profiling.

Since you are profiling an effect, it is sending a guitar level signal back into the Kemper, instead of a returning a signal as strong as a microphone does when it is a couple of inches away from a speaker. You may need to boost the return signal into the Kemper to get accurate results. Can you adjust the Kemper's Return Input level when profiling? If not, you may need to add a mic preamp (or use a mixer channel).

• I've got it running into an ART mic tube preamp and the level sounds equivalent to the base profile. It sounds like I want it just before profiling......after running the profile it immediately jacks the gain up and the end profile is unusable (states that it is a distorted amp at completion) I have tried about 5 times and only one result that worked....kind of. After looking again it is clipping the output so it is also unusable. 0 for 5 so far, but determined.. Shouldn't the Direct out be main mono if using a loop and profiling? I didn't check it in the last release it just worked so I never looked it up.

• GIT analog it is. Something is adding distortion to profiles. I also profiled an AMT/Two Notes setup I have and after checking, ... its gain increased as well during profiling.... Something is wrong after 2.6, for my Kemper anyway.

• Possibly, but I've set it based on the reference profile so you'd think it wouldn't be a factor....who knows. I will say that I intentionally tried one at a lower value and it was a similar result.

• Acoustic sims usually use overdrive as part of the simulation.
    Could be that the AC-3's overdrive is slightly too abrasive - does turning the gain down help?
    If it makes things sound bad, try lowering the gain and boosting the 'tube bias'. Also try playing with 'tube shape' to see if you can't make the actual overdrive less noticeable.

The Kemper always profiles using higher volumes than a guitar produces. It's also possible that the AC-3 isn't built to work around that.
    I've made a few profiles of acoustic sims that have worked and there are a couple on the RE which are sort of ok, so it is possible.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• If it makes things sound bad, try lowering the gain and boosting the 'tube bias'. Also try playing with 'tube shape' to see if you can't make the actual overdrive less noticeable.

The Kemper always profiles using higher volumes than a guitar produces. It's also possible that the AC-3 isn't built to work around that.

I guess I could also try lowering the signal as well and then boosting it on the finished profile. So you are saying make the profile and adjust the gain out and play with the other two variables to get back to what the reference was? Correct? I will try these and see what results I can get.

• I've tried a few different paths.

AC-3

Straight to and through the pedal and....

the AC-3 into this preamp

ART MP

I got close on one, but there is still some acoustic dynamics that the pedal produces that would make for a lovely profile.

I should note that I have a TWO Notes cab and will try running into that with some Alnico cab sim and an R121 or similar mic......