Better Rating system for profiles ?

• I've said this before and am raising it again. The old system was easier in terms of rating profiles than the disjointed method now through use the RE. Here's an idea ....

If when the Rig Manager is plugged into the KPA the KPA told the RM what profiles were most frequently used then one would assume that the most used RE profiles would float to the top of the marking system.

I know you're gonna start talking about privacy issues etc... but frequency of use would equate to stars IMHO....

I guess this would be a pretty big headache to program but it might also give info back to Kemper as to what profiles are most used etc.. and where to focus attention in terms of effect updates and the like. I know that you then need to start complicating it by talking gain categories etc... but it might be worth a shot ? same goes for feedback on cabs and all parameters ....

thoughts ?

• Even if that was possible -

The rigs used by the people who gig the most would quickly become the most popular rigs.

If just one person plays 100 shows a year, uses one rig for all the shows, and has the Kemper on for five hours each gig, that one rig gets 500 hours per year from just one person. If he practices, rehearses, records with it, that's more time.

Or, Someone else might be using a sound often because they think it is TERRIBLE, and they are using it for a horror movie soundtrack, to make a comedy song, to annoy their neighbors.

• With Rig exchange the rating system becomes irrelevant for me. I can cycle through rigs to check them out and pay no attention to ratings. Without knowing what other people are listening through and their taste it is very difficult to have a rating system. It's more like a like button. Take it for what it's worth.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: