Lock tricks

• Quick helpful tip using the lock control. When you press the lock button, anything lit up will be 'locked' - any locked items will stay the same from profile to profile. For example, when I'm playing live I'll adjust my delay setting to suit the venue, and with it locked then every time I change profiles, it keeps that setting.

Here's another use though - say you want to write the same effects settings to several profiles at once. Just use the lock control to select the ones you want to be applied, then open up each profile and press store once, then replace. This saves the locked settings to that profile. Great for changing several profiles quickly and easily. I used to use copy and paste for this, locking is a lot quicker and something that I don't think many if any guitar processors had before the Kemper.

• The lock feature comes in handy for me when browsing newly purchased profiles. After I buy a batch of new profiles, I'll load each one into the Kemper and pick out the ones that I like. After that, I'll bring up one of my favorite rigs and lock the cabinet. Then i load up all the newly purchased profiles a second time. You'll be surprised at how many of the profiles that you didn't like with the original cabinet, sound great with your favorite cabinet. Sometimes I'll even do more passes through the new profiles trying different locked cabinets from my other favorite rigs.

• I used to use copy and paste for this, locking is a lot quicker and something that I don't think many if any guitar processors had before the Kemper.

Actually, this was a feature from the Virus Control plugin for the Virus TI synthesizer.

• It seems like Locking the Rig (or at least, the amp/cab) could be a quick way to populate the Performance Slots with an amp you use a lot, too. Have any of you who use Performance mode tried that?

This will work, yes. Locking the stack will "populate" the other slots.