Switch between power amp, or the Kemper through using fxloop

• I have a Marshall Dsl100H, I like to use the Kemper for leads. I connect the kemper to the return of the Marhall. is there a way to turn the fx loop/Kemper so that you can choose/switch whether you want to use the power amp, or the Kemper through the Power amp section from the Marshall?

• I have a Marshall Dsl100H, I like to use the Kemper for leads. I connect the kemper to the return of the Marhall. is there a way to turn the fx loop/Kemper so that you can choose/switch whether you want to use the power amp, or the Kemper through the Power amp section from the Marshall?

If I've got it right, you want to use the preamp of the DSL for CLEAN/RHYTHM sounds and KPA for LEAD sounds, to switch between the DSL preamp and KPA and share the power section of the DSL(return=power amp in)?
    If this is the case, then Four Cable Method (4CM) as is called now, is what you need.
    In case that you don't know how to connect:

- Plug your guitar, to the KPA input
    - Plug the KPA out (monitor or main), to the return of your DSL
    - Plug the KPA direct out, to the input of the DSL
    - Plug the DSL send , to the KPA return

Make a new rig, and place the FX LOOP, to the x slot (or another slot).
    Turn the whole STACK of the KPA, off.
    Now,every time you choose this rig, you can listen the preamp sound (CLEAN/RHYTHM) of the DSL.

Consider that, all the effects before x slot,are placed to the DSL input (PRE), and the effects after the x slot, after of the DSL preamp (POST).

You have to adjust the levels, taking care to not overload anything.

• Hi Grorig,

thanks for the detailed response! it think this solved my problem.

I Am not so sure if I understood the fx loop to slot x solution? what does this function do? I can hear the the kemper through my dsl retur but i am not sure if this is accidentally.

i was thinkeing about switching between dsl pre and kemper for sharing the dsl poweamp through my dsl footswitch. by turning the fx loop on or of. but now i see there is no fx loop function on the dsl footswitch, stupid me!!!

• Okay, I think I understand. thanks for the picture.. The 4CM works.

Next problem is that there is a large difference in volume between the rig with x lock (loop) and a standard rigs in the Kemper. is When switching between the rigs my speaker cabinet are going to explode. any idea what's going on?

• Make sure that the STACK section isn't active ( the STACK button is not lit). If is still too loud, adjust the levels from:
    -DSL channel volume
    -FX LOOP mix level
    -RIG volume
    to balance between the rigs.

Edited once, last by grorig ().