Posts by Meul

I have lots of lowend loss with buffered pedals.
    I like to know if the kemper is true bypass when I use it as an effect proccesor in the fx loop of my power amp.

I use the following methode to route the kemper to the poweamp

I connect the fx send of my amp to the KPA return, and the master or monitor out of the KPA to the amp´s fx return

Hi Grorig,

thanks for the detailed response! it think this solved my problem.

I Am not so sure if I understood the fx loop to slot x solution? what does this function do? I can hear the the kemper through my dsl retur but i am not sure if this is accidentally.

i was thinkeing about switching between dsl pre and kemper for sharing the dsl poweamp through my dsl footswitch. by turning the fx loop on or of. but now i see there is no fx loop function on the dsl footswitch, stupid me!!!

@ viabr :) Yes i know about the PA (asses), but I personally never heard or seen the Kpa in concerts jet. Only through my own experience, youtube, and recordings.

Maybe this two video links to redponycar describe what I experienced. Maybe it is not a realistic or naïve compare, or just coincidence but it shows the same difference in sound what I hear when switching between transistor or tube

Jet city jca22H (tube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…=UUd5eHahzTaLgTv1ypHTEehg

Peavy PV-260 (trans)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…=UUd5eHahzTaLgTv1ypHTEehg

Just out of curiosity, have you ever listened to a Profiler from the audience at a concert via a PA? Did the sounds sound digital to you?

Nope, I never go to concerts, I don't like music at all :thumbdown:

Hi Ingolf, I think its time to try-out a few tube amps an see what’s happening.
    I will come back to report, just in case ppl might be interested

Hi Vibracore,
    I am not sure if I understand you right? I have no complains about the sound of frfr, but more about the feel, playability/response input/output when playing. For recordings and how it fits into the mix I I have no complains. I did some recordings with the Kemper and I am very content with it. But on the monitoring site I miss something. Not only with the rcf’s but also with the Yamaha dxr10, rcf nx, etc.. yes, they all sound different, but has the same digital feel. Also the bass transistor power amp from behringer for my cab did not changed that. So I also have the problem with non FRFR tho it feels more into the room.
    I am now busy with orientating for tube power amps or guitar tops with send and return. Hoping/seeking for the best of both worlds.

I don’t want to discuss this in terms of good and bad. Indeed a personal opnion. There is something I like very much about the Kemper>LC setup. So much that when I switch back to my FRFR it feel like riding on a dead horse. (choise of animal also very personal :| ) I am tending to assign this difference to the properties of tube amps. I borrowed a behringer nu 1000 transistor bass amp. Now I can compare, just have to try it out now.

Update! Kemper > Behringer NU1000 power amp > Homemade Cabinet, this will not make the big difference compared to use my FRFR Rcf 312 mk3 (active) speakers  Other sound, yes, off course with another cabinet, but same feel/response. I miss something, what is t, what is t ???

@ Ingolf, thanks for your advise!

Hey Viabcroce,

If you say the reason that it sounds good, do you refer to the London city or tube amps in general?

On this moment I am interested in the Jet-City, jca 22H, 50H, or 100H or the Bugera 1960 INFINIUM (150w). I am interested because this are full tube ‘low budget’ solutions with a send and return so I can use the power amp section. I am not sure if you know the LC 130 personally, but if you do, do you think this will give the same results compared to the main low input of the London City or better seek for a bass or keyboard amp?
    Gr jan

Hi, i dont know if i use the term in a right way, but i think that it is the amp in the room effect that made me change my mind. With my rcf 312 there is always a sort of blanket over the sound. And with my yamaha hs10 with sub monitors, heavy sounds are clear but does not rock in my opinion. The LC makes it all breath a little more. Feedback that turns beautifull harmonics etc etcetera..

Ps.. The cabinet is self home build with 4 old fane speakers i think 10 inch speakers, not sure, a friend give it to me long ago

Hello,

On this moment I use the kemper through FRFR (RCF 312 mk3). I was pretty happy with this setup until I pluged in the kemper (main out) into the input (No send and return available) from my old London City DEA 130 watt top (all tubes). I think about switching between frfr and power amp with cabinet. Because the london city is not so reliable anymore I am looking for another affordable alternative power amp that is some kind of similar to london city, or just works good with KPA. For example the Jet city jca22H which i Like for what i Heard on the internet.

I like to hear some suggestions.
    Txs!

After deleting rigs through the rig manager syncing rigs takes a long time to proceed.
    I Unistalled en reinstalled the rig manager plus 1 deleted all kemper maps and files on my primaire partition but no result.
    before deleting the files everything was fine.