Updating Firmware - Public Beta vs. Operating systems

• Hello,

I have firmware version 1.8.2 installed. I'm going to start updating my firmware but i'm wondering what the difference is between the public beta versions vs. the operating system versions they have listed and which one I should choose?

ie.. Kemper Profiler Operating System 2.0.1 Public Beta
    vs
    ie.. Kemper Profiler Operating System 2.0.1 Release

Thanks!!

• I would recommend you to install 2.5.0 (latest stable release) if you want to be on safe side, or go for newest 2.7.0 beta otherwise.
    FW 2.0.1 is way too old and since then many new functionality was added and many bugs were fixed.
    Or do you have any reason to use such old fw?

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes for some reason when I try to update directly from 1.8.2. i get a system error 303 - cannot configure device please contact Kemper Support. I am having to go in an do each update up till that point so I'm not sure if I should do the beta versions or the operating system versions. I seem to be stuck on 2.1 now.

• Some users with similar problem solved it by using another USB stick for upgrade, if you have another one, please try to upgrade from it.
    If it will not help, I think that contacting Kemper support is the best way to deal with this issue.

• Peto if you do an update sometimes you have to update to a earlier FW than the one you are doing first. Maybe because you are going straight from 1.8.2 to 2.7 you need to go to a FW I between first I know I had to do this when going to a new FW once. The public beta 2.7 is very stable so I'd recommend that FW when you download it from the Kemper site the file should contain instructions on how to update and if you need to do an earlier FW update first :) hope this makes sense

• eto if you do an update sometimes you have to update to a earlier FW than the one you are doing first. Maybe because you are going straight from 1.8.2 to 2.7 you need to go to a FW I between first I know I had to do this when going to a new FW once. The public beta 2.7 is very stable so I'd recommend that FW when you download it from the Kemper site the file should contain instructions on how to update and if you need to do an earlier FW update first hope this makes sense

Hi Raoul, was your reply addressed to me? Because I am already running 2.7PB. :) paul_lambert100 does have problem upgrading from 1.8.2 to something newer. As I understand it, you can go from 1.8.2 directly to 2.7PB. If paul_lambert100 does have already installed 1.8.2 or 2.1 as he wrote, there should be no problem for him to install 2.6 or 2.7. Only if you are running fw <1.8.2, you have to go through installing 1.8.2 first and then you can go directly to 2.6/2.7. Is it correct?