MIDI troubles/outputs muted - fixed! (I think) :)

• So to help maintain a cleaner stage I tried running my volume and wah controller pedals plugged directly into my Ground Control Pro. This also frees the jacks on the back of the Kemper for use as up to four 'stomp box' style footswitches, allowing you to do stuff like tap tempo, turn effects on and off, etc. Well, it seemed like everyone else was able to do stuff like this with no problem but I was having my entire Kemper mute itself and freak out at seemingly random intervals, which made gigging like this a real adventure in a bad way.

So I did a hard reset on my ground control pro. Yup, lost everything - my preset names on it, all the pedal assignments, etc. Redid them, and now it works great with the Kemper.

One note for the Kemper team - I think the underlying issue was that one of my controller pedals wasn't set to the correct midi number and for whatever reason it would make the Kemper freak out and crash the midi (and sometimes crash the entire Kemper). Since each volume and wah pedal ID had to be set per patch on the GCP, it's easy to goof this up if you use a lot of patches. Looked like the default on the GCP was 16 (needed to be 1 and 7 I believe) so maybe that's a clue?

Anyways, had two gigs this weekend and everything went well. I'm going to say it's fixed on my end, and if you have any weird midi happenings and use continuous controllers through your midi board, check those CC#s!

Pete