Firmware 2.7 Observations

• I upgraded to 2.7 this morning from 2.5 and overall I have noticed that the tone is much better. Not that it was bad before but I definitely notice the difference for the positive. I have many of the default profiles that I do not use and many of the commercial profiles that I purchased from TAF, Sweet Spot and ChopTones that I use all the time and one of the things that really stood out for me was that the profiles that I really didn't care for before now sound really good for some reason. And the p[profiles that I use all time seem to have a smoother sound to them and stand out more.

Now I have tested this through the PA and from my powered monitor. It seemed the sound from my powered monitor needed to be EQ'd somewhat to get close to the same sound from the PA but now the monitor sounds great after the upgrade. I have not tried it yet through the headphones.

I also have a FCB1010 with the Uno4Kemper chip and did not notice any pop or delay changing profiles. I was very happy with the sound before but now I am blown away on how much better it sounds. Again the KPA has caused many nights with not much sleep simply because I find it hard to quit playing. When playing out I always get someone coming up to me and asking what I am playing out of and they rave about the tone. Most get turned off on the price of the KPA but to have any amp of your choice at your disposal for me it's well worth it. Anyone else have the same experience after the upgrade? :):):):):)

• I like 2.7 too, just like I liked 2.6. The best thing about the update to me has been the faster switching times, which is a must for live performance. As far as the improved bass response, I love it, but I have been listening to complaints from some experienced profilers about how the profiling process seems to have changed. That said, it definitely seems like a step in the right direction for me.

• When you say no pop when changing profiles with the FCB did you have stomps active, when changing. Yes 2.7 has an improved sound like you said the profiles I use a lot I really noticed an improvement especially through my bands FRFR PA system.

Yes Raoul23 I have the stomps active on many of my profiles. I have not experienced any of the issues that some post on the forum about pops, clicks or delays when switching. My KPA still sounds terrible through our practice PA, which are some really cheap speakers. I use my FRFR for practice and I did notice that it also sounds better. Some on this forum complain that their KPA does not sound very good but unless it is defective the problem is usually a setting or some misadjusted or not quality equipment. There is a reason those practice speakers cost $50 each.

• Yes Raoul23 I have the stomps active on many of my profiles. I have not experienced any of the issues that some post on the forum about pops, clicks or delays when switching. My KPA still sounds terrible through our practice PA, which are some really cheap speakers. I use my FRFR for practice and I did notice that it also sounds better. Some on this forum complain that their KPA does not sound very good but unless it is defective the problem is usually a setting or some misadjusted or not quality equipment. There is a reason those practice speakers cost $50 each.

Interesting ?( Ill check mine again but im sure they are still there if you have 4 stomps active