Reamped sound wildy different

• From the front input sound.
    The re-amped sound is tinny and horrible compared to just recording directly thru the front input.
    I've had the re-amped sound output on Master Stereo and Guit/Stack, checked levels on the DAW etc.
    I'm obviously doing something wrong, but what?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Hey Mike, did I get it right you're using the front input for the purpose?

This is a guitar input. Please read the manual, you have to use a line-level input (the Return, in this specific case).

Sorry If I misunderstood you :)

• Sounds too me like the DI is not hot enough. From the guide I put together.

Adjust the DI output level: This is the commonly ignored step that leads people to get into trouble when their DI recording is not hot enough/too hot for the reamping process, which causes trouble down the line. Click on the input menu and adjust the clean sense parameter to a level where clean sounds have the same loudness as the distorted sounds. Using Git/Stack in the output section would be useful in such a situation, as would having more inputs on your interface. This basically ensures that the git studio output is perfectly leveled while keeping the noise floor down - adjusting the dynamics of the instrument to the digital headroom of the profiler. The input LED is a helpful indicator in this regard: it should flash yellow consistently when hitting the strings hard. However, avoid a deep orange or red colour, which could result in clipping in the DI signal.

Then when reamping: You need to play back the DI track through your Kemper and watch the input LED. It should turn to yellow on the hardest string hits, but not more. You need to set the appropriate level for the DI signal from within your DAW by raising or lowering the volume on the DI track. Note, this cannot be set in the Kemper.

Try this and let us know.

PS: Whaddya know? I made 'Master' ^^

• OK, it was me being a dickhead.
    I forgot I had the playback of one of my stereo outs processed, hence the difference in sound.
    But, I've decide I prefer not using the reamp for the moment, you get a better feel trying different sounds when recording (for me anyway)

Ta,
    Mike