A better way to profile?

• Hi everyone!
    Last nite I made some profiles off my new Fly Rig 5. I wanna share my experience here. I had a couple of attends to profile my JVM 410C, some other amps at a friends studio and was not 100% happy with the results. But for the profiling session I had last night, I think I just nailed it! What I did was doing the profiling process as follows; I selected a rig which almost had the same amount of gain as the sound I'd profile. Then had the profiling process once. Made the refining for like 20 secs. Without saving the profile, I pressed the "new profile" button again and did the profiling again. On the user manual it says that it's better to choose a rig similar to the sound you're gonna profile. So by making the profile process twice, it's like Kemper thinks that you're profiling the amp starting off by choosing the closest sounding rig possible (which you have by the first profiling process). And as a result, they sounded almost identical. Another experience I had was doing the refining process on the first take of profiling and not doing the refining process on the second. For some sounds (I took a DI sound of the Plexi channel with the Sans Amp channel off. So no speaker sim there.) if I do the refining on the second profiling process, it does go on a different way sonically. So I do the 3rd profiling process and without needing to do the refinement, it's identical to the original sound again.

When I first got the Kemper, I thought profiling was only about pressing a couple of buttons. But now I realise that you have to have a certain amount of experience on that. After my first attempts of profiling, I even thought that maybe there was something wrong with my Kemper. Because everyone kept saying that even the most picky producers can't hear the difference and I could clearly hear the difference between my profiles and the original amps i've profiled. Now I'm feeling better about my Kemper.

So anyone else who things the process i mentioned above works better?

• That's an interesting finding, but I'm not convinced there would have been a big difference between the original profile you created based of a factory (or whatever rig) on your Kemper and the second one cloned on top of the new rig you earlier profiled. Reason being I haven't heard of better results from doing it again before.

The differences you cite after refining are interesting though. Refining has always been a gray area to me, I know that it has an impact on the profile, but I didn't think refining an older profile before the process of new profile creation could have a difference to the profile you are creating.