Rig Manager data export Excel or CSV

• I think with a MIDI connection to a PC, it would be pretty easy to create a librarian in Excel. I was just reading through the MIDI spec to do this and got sidetracked by a typo in the doc. Back to work!

• I exported data from rig manager to Excel using Windows 7 64 bit as follows.
    Go to /Users/<yourname>/AppData/Local/Kemper Amps/RigManager.
    I created a back up at this point and used the back up files to export to Excel as follows:
    Within the RigManager folder you will see two .db files one is the Rig Exchange database and the other is your profiler database.
    I used a "sqlitebrowser" this is a freeware database browser that will open the underlying table and allows you to export tthe file to a ,csv format which Excel can read and you can save as an excel file.
    I believe you can also use MS Access 2010 or later but I only have an older version.
    Within the RigManager folder you will also see a Local Library folders. This is where I keep my Amp Factory rigs with separate folders for each bundle.
    Each underlying folder contains the relevant .db file which can be exported to excel as above.

Edited once, last by PCB ().

• I have Excel able to send CC and NRPN messages. Next I'm working on receiving messages back from the KPA. It's pretty cool on a Surface Pro 3 touchscreen! Great for studio/home use. Stack all the commands you want and click a button.

• The Windows MIDI routines need to be multi-threaded, so I've given up on an Excel interface. I would have stopped there, but Microsoft has made Visual Studio free, so I now have a Windows app that can send and receive MIDI messages to the KPA. I'm trying to decide what to do next... I don't think I mind the coding, but just figuring out the data structures of which parameters are valid for the 100 or so effects does not sound like a ton of fun. I've started looking at the format of the backup files to see if I can get the details easier that way. I'm open to suggestion on what the community might find useful.