Posts by Gtr65

+1

I love my Kemper...I admire and respect the Kemper team...but, c'mon guys---a Mac/PC-based editor is WAY, WAY, WAY OVERDUE!

You can establish a stereo return for your external effects by placing Loop Stereo in the X or MOD Modules of the Effects Section. In this case, the RETURN INPUT will work as the left input and the ALTERNATIVE INPUT as the right input.

Paults, thank you very much for clearing up this mystery for me. I read your posts across these forums nearly every day and you've continually made an outstanding contribution to all of the KPA community. Cheers!

I've been trying to wrap my head around this concept. I have a couple of specific questions:

1) Is the following correct? KPA rear panel Mono Send to physical effect pedal IN, then effect pedal LEFT OUT to Rear Panel "Return Jack" and RIGHT OUT to "Alternative Input"? Vice-versa?

2) Is there an internal setting to make in the Kemper so that the Alternative Input is recognized for this application?

Thanks very much for any assistance!

I just finally got around to loading some Ownhammer IRs I had purchased a while ago into my Kemper and, to my surprise, it took about 15 minutes. Then I saw why: I had loaded about 600 of them! (I didn't realize there were so many between the two packs I had.) And yes, I only loaded the ".kipr" versions. Now I have over 700 IRs.

Is this common?

Amazing! The potential is huge, especially (to me) the mobile editing functionality.

I still can't understand why Kemper isn't making this kind of an effort to provide, after over 3 and a half years, some kind of graphical editing program.
    (And if they have been, then why the complete cone of silence around it?)

I tried the Reaper forum but no help so far.

I never had this happen before: I am going from the Kemper SPDIF OUT to my interface (Saffire Pro 24 DSP) into Reaper; I was able to record OK, except that the Master Channel volume keeps go down all the way (to -83.7) even though there is absolutely no clipping going on anywhere. Even when I play back the track, it does it again,automatically, on its own.

I have my Saffire Mix Control set to "DAW Tracking" (not Ultra Low Latency).
    My SDIF volume on the Output of the KPA is -10.5 KPA Master Volume = 5.5

Does anyone have any idea what is causing the Master Channel to keep setting its volume down?

You're welcome :)

If you use the MONITOR Out, or just one of the MAIN Outs, you will get a mono signal, too.

I don't use the Monitor Out (I have to do everything through headphones so, while recording, I monitor through my digital multitrack). I have been using the L & R outs of the Master Output section. Now I'm going to go back to using just the Left output, which carries a mono signal as you said.

Thanks again!

Thank you, paults, so very much for such a detailed and thorough reply. I truly appreciate it.

So basically if I have a flanger in the X or MOD slot, I can set the STEREO parameter to 0 and then can hear and record with an accurate representation of the sound in Mono. I actually never would have thought of that, and I definitely wouldn't have found a list of the stereo effects without your help.

Cheers!