firmware 2.7.3 uno4kemper pedals not working properly

• BUG: UNO4KEMPER v1.1. pedals don't work properly when running in Performance mode. Switching back to Browse doesn't fix the problem and can also occasionally disable the whole fcb1010 controls. When fcb1010 is turned on the display says "Midi controller connected" instead of uno4kemper. Sometimes even resetting fcb1010 the pedals problem persists. Please look into it, thanks!

• BUG: UNO4KEMPER v1.1. pedals don't work properly when running in Performance mode. Switching back to Browse doesn't fix the problem and can also occasionally disable the whole fcb1010 controls. When fcb1010 is turned on the display says "Midi controller connected" instead of uno4kemper. Sometimes even resetting fcb1010 the pedals problem persists. Please look into it, thanks!

I havent't had that problem with the latest firmware and uno4kemper..

gear>kemper rack-atomicCLR-fcb1010-espViper400-gretschJet-Firebird-7

• I have read a similar issue here :
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…Kemper-Perform-Mode-issue
    So first thing to check is that the KPA is set to "OMNI" mode or to MIDI channel 1.

Apparently something has changed with regards to the use of MIDI channels in the latest KPA firmware. I didn't have the time yet to check what exactly (or to contact the dev team about it). I'm pretty sure the issue is related to the fact that UnO4Kemper auto-adapts its MIDI channel: by default it sends on MIDI channel 1, but when it receives a MIDI message from the KPA on a different channel, it switches to using that new channel. When I tested this with earlier KPA firmware versions, I noticed that the KPA kept using MIDI channel 1 for outgoing MIDI messages, even when it was programmed to use a different channel. Maybe this changed recently. I need to do some monitoring on the 2-way communication to find out what causes the unstable behavior now. In any case everything seems to work fine when you keep MIDI channel set to 1 or omni in the KPA settings.

• I have read a similar issue here :
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…Kemper-Perform-Mode-issue
    So first thing to check is that the KPA is set to "OMNI" mode or to MIDI channel 1.

Apparently something has changed with regards to the use of MIDI channels in the latest KPA firmware. I didn't have the time yet to check what exactly (or to contact the dev team about it). I'm pretty sure the issue is related to the fact that UnO4Kemper auto-adapts its MIDI channel: by default it sends on MIDI channel 1, but when it receives a MIDI message from the KPA on a different channel, it switches to using that new channel. When I tested this with earlier KPA firmware versions, I noticed that the KPA kept using MIDI channel 1 for outgoing MIDI messages, even when it was programmed to use a different channel. Maybe this changed recently. I need to do some monitoring on the 2-way communication to find out what causes the unstable behavior now. In any case everything seems to work fine when you keep MIDI channel set to 1 or omni in the KPA settings.

Setting to midi channel 1 fixed my problem. Normally, I've used channel 15 from day one since getting your chip, has always been fine. No worries though, working as normal again. Highly embarrassing though during rehearsal on Saturday. I'd also ordered the latest chip just incase it was the chip lol.

• Extra bugs while using uno4kemper v1.1 fcb1010 with this firmware...

After further testing (midi channel 1) there is a bug where-by if you go to "tuner mode" and switch back to "performance mode" that the sound can completely cut out requiring a kemper restart. The detection of the volume pedal to activate tuner is also unpredictable even with the volume calibrated with a slightly higher heel height to guarantee "tuner mode" activation.

My v1.3 chip has arrived so further testing will be with new chip.

update: Uno4kemper v1.3a (also applies to v1.1 I think) Minimum Volume data changed for volume pedal when "manually" switching from performance-mode to tuner and back to performance-mode.

On initial boot-up of fcb1010 with kemper in performance-mode the volume pedal works fine and will trigger tuning-mode (reliably does this much better than v1.1). Pressing "System" button and then checking "Show Ctrl Info" you can see the volume pedal triggers the lowest and highest values correctly. Now, manually change to "Tuner" mode and then switch back to "Performance" mode and check with "System" button again. This time the lowest values for Volume pedal has shifted higher so you can no-longer trigger "tuner" mode with the pedal.

• update: Uno4kemper v1.3a (also applies to v1.1 I think) Minimum Volume data changed for volume pedal when "manually" switching from performance-mode to tuner and back to performance-mode.

With the UnO4Kemper firmware the FCB1010 sends a fixed MIDI CC range of 0-127. (You can check this with any MIDI monitor application to be sure). So if minimum volume changes after switching to/from performance mode, I would check if the selected rig maybe has a limited volume range programmed.

On initial boot-up of fcb1010 with kemper in performance-mode the volume pedal works fine and will trigger tuning-mode (reliably does this much better than v1.1).

The tuner-mode auto-trigger is functionality fully implemented in the KPA, not in the FCB1010, so different UnO4Kemper firmware versions won't change anything with regards to this Kemper feature