Nylon string guitar sounding profile for electric

• Thanks - have given Aura Ny 7 a try and see what you mean about the reverb. I have tweaked it further but still can't get a noticeably nylonesque sound. The others are all a bit too manufactured for the sort of sound I'm after. Any more specific ideas about tweaks to try?

• What guitar are you using?

A single coil pickup (especially the neck) may be preferable.

A semi-hollow or hollow body would also help.

But, it is a very different attack, sustain, and tone than an electric solid body guitar. If you can't get there with the Kemper, it is not a limitation in the device (and it is not an issue with your abilities).

I had Line 6 and Roland models of nylon string guitars, but they never sounded much like one to me, no matter how much I tweaked them.

So, if you want it for live gigs, keep tweaking.

But, If you want it for home recording, I suggest heading to the nearest used gear store, and getting an inexpensive, but playable nylon string guitar. That's what I ended up doing :)

• I've never found a decent simulation of a nylon string either. Now steel string acoustic is another matter ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• No, I haven't put much effort into finding that sound through my own tinkering. It hasn't been a priority, but one of these days I might have a go at it ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Am using a PRS Studio which has a great range of sounds as is. I have no problem getting a decent steel string acoustic sound with the PRS/KPA and understand the different attack/sustain issues with nylon strings. I thought that maybe some combination of EQ and compression might get me there but have not been able to find the right tweak. It's for playing live that I need it and prefer to stick to one guitar when gigging if I can to keep life simple. Anyway thanks for the advice guys - I'll keep to the neck/middle pickup single coilish sound along with reverb and keep tweaking but if there is anyone out there who's cracked it then please let us all know.