Cubase 8 Pro

• Anyone other than me about to take the plunge? I have 6.5 and totally skipped 7. What interests me about this one is the promise of faster performance thanks to the improved engine. Upgrade price seems about right and I figure if I delay further, I'd probably have to pay a lot more down the line. Planning on an incremental upgrade strategy, so that I save costs in future.

• Yeah, I got Cubase Pro 8 the day it was released.
    I really love the VCA Faders and the Render In Place features. These are great tools for my work. So far I can't tell much about performance, I never came close to the limits of my workstation before. There's only one issue that bugs me at the moment. The main meter on my mixer view (2nd screen) hangs for a brief moment every couple of seconds. It doesn't happen on my laptop though. Maybe an issue with graphics card / driver? Didn't investigate more so far.

One more feature that came with Cubase 7.5 might be a nice addition for you as well: Re-Record mode. Such a small feature but a huge time saver, :)

In my opinion there's many improvements, even if you don't feel attracted by the big, fancy marketing features.

• Yup I upgraded on the day it came out ...haven't used it in a session yet (I have 7.5 and like to learn the new version and make sure it's stable before using for paying customers ..)
    looks good though and the new features are welcome ..tbh I just upgrade as and when a new version comes along ..I've used it as my main software /DAW since Atari ST days so like to keep it up to date :)

• This is what I posted on FB a few days ago :

CUBASE PRO 8 TEST : You are no going to believe what you will read below

Testing with a large project of mine like " band on the run " cover , 130 tracks , over 120 CPU hungry plugs..no frozen ones .. in 7.5 at 64 samples the average load is 90% and the peak one will ..well ..peak
    Now in pro 8 at 32 samples..yes I said 32 .. Average load is ..40%
    And peak is................10%
    The improvement is just out of this world ..on my config at least

• it is definitely faster. But I ran into a weird problem yesterday when bouncing a drum track from Superior. After I finished, my system started stuttering something fierce. Guess my RAM was not getting freed after the operation which was a bit weird. Restart resolved the problem, but for a while I was a bit worried that I would have to rollback my PC to Windows 7 from Windows 8.1.

Works great imo. I like some of the new features like render in place and VCA faders is especially nice.