Floating EQ in Output section

• Could it be possible to program a "dynamic Output EQ" in the Output-section, which could compensate for the Fletcher-Munson-Effect ?

It should have a pre-adjustable "frequency-curve" (f.e. a 15 band graphic-eq) which is ducked at low Output-Level but gets more and more in when the Output-/Master- Volume-Level-Pot is cranked.
    This could be used to prepare sounds at home or during rehearsals (at low level) and make them function for live-Level-use just only by adjusting the Masterlevel-control to the stage-loudness.

At the Moment we all use the 3-band Output-EQ which has to be adjusted "by Hand" to the specific stage-conditions. But it's only a raw adjustment. A "dynamic eq-curve in Output could be a huge improvement for the live-gigging-Amateur who often doesn't get much time for soundcheck on stage.
    I know, that we got a pretty numerous bunch of EQ-Parameters in many sections of the KPA, but they have fixed eq-correction and don't react dynamically. So they have to be tweaked for each rig /or Performance Slot. If you use Performances as recommended (one Performance per song) there will be no other chance to make overall EQ-Settings in the Output section.

Alternative:
    Fixed 10- or 15-band Output-EQ to make finer adjustments than with Bass, Middle, Treble at the Moment.

• A continuous loudness control could be a good eq effect. But adjusting the eq for stage conditions has nothing to do with the FM effect, you have to be aware of this or you'll never be satisfied.

HTH :)

• A continuous loudness control could be a good eq effect. But adjusting the eq for stage conditions has nothing to do with the FM effect, you have to be aware of this or you'll never be satisfied.

HTH :)

You're right, but it would cut things short for me.

You all are really established pros and maybe get all the time you need for soundcheck on stage, but me and my band we`re poor amateurs. When we support a Major act we often get just 5 minutes time for mounting our Equipment and for soundcheck and then all my sounds have to fit. There's no time at all to tweak rigs or Slots .

• Oh, I'm no pro at all :)
    A loudness control won't help or speed stage tweaking in any way, in terms of room. It will only help compensating for the way human earing reacts to lower and higher sound levels *in the same room and at the same conditions*. IOW, you'll have to tweak for the room anyway.
    Since this is the trickiest part of the tweak, I wanted to point out that what you're requesting won't speed up adjusting for the room by one second.

HTH

• Of course you're right regarding perfect "room-matching".
    Not in one second or even in 5 minutes !
    If we get time for soundcheck I can go a different way (see other threads).

But for "Quick-Gigs" you Need to make compromises. And for those reasons a "Dynamic-Output-EQ" -I think- could help

• It's not a matter of perfectioning the room sound nor of how much time you have for tweaking, the point is that the FM effect has nothing to do with how the room affects your sound :)

• You all are really established pros and maybe get all the time you need for soundcheck on stage, but me and my band we`re poor amateurs. When we support a Major act we often get just 5 minutes time for mounting our Equipment and for soundcheck and then all my sounds have to fit. There's no time at all to tweak rigs or Slots .

You don't need to tweak rigs or slots when you have dialed them in at gig levels over neutral speakers.
    When you are not satisfied with your personal sound at a venue my best recommendation is to optimize your personal monitoring conditions.
    Since I bring a DXR 10 or a CLR to gigs I NEVER had a disappointing experience with my sound on stage.
    On the contrary I mostly think I'm sounding absolutely glorious, and so think soundguys and the musician police alike. ;)

BTW and I'm no established pro either. :)

• It became more apparent since I began to use FRFR-Monitorboxes (I usually use RCF-Monitors and I'm really happy with them and can realize my sounds at every level very well -when I got the time to do so).

I also don't get any complaints of my bandmates, the P.A-guys or the listeners of a venue. They also don't really understand me.

I seem to be the Problem !

I often don't feel satisfied compared to my sounds at home or during our rehersals.
    I don't play with much gain, so this also might be a reason.
    For live Gigs I sometimes have to rise my Level about three times as high compared to our rehearsals and then the attack becomes very boomy and also the heights get an annoying ice-pick.

I got an old Deluxe Reverb with a Weber Blue a Two Rock Cust Rev Sign II with 2 Celestion Heritage and a Two Rock Studio Pro Plus with Scumback Speakers and
    It's my experience that these tube amplifiers behave differently when being cranked (I don't have to correct sp much on the amp-EQs to compensate the loudness-effect). So -reading my own words- maybe it's not only the FM-effect but then it seems to be a different behaviour of the KPA.

To cut things short: A somehow "dynamic EQ" would solve my Live-problems (or a more differentiated Overall Grafic Output EQ f.e. 10 bands)

• You don't need to tweak rigs or slots when you have dialed them in at gig levels over neutral speakers.

Agreed:) Tweak the rigs, at gig volume, with your monitor(s) in the same position they will be when you use them live. When you do a gig, put the monitor(s) in position. Done :)

And, you want to pick the live rigs that give you the live sound you want. I know that sounds painfully obvious, but.....

If you want the Kemper to sound like a loud tube amp at gig volume, turning up a squeaky clean profile will not give you that sound. Turning up a tube amp doesn't just make it louder - it drives the power amp and speakers of the amp harder.

Use a profile of a loud tube amp. It will clean up nicely when you back off the guitar volume, and will get loud and fat when you need it to do that.

• The solution of your problem is to create profiles *at stage volume*. Do your tweaking at this volume so that you get an idea of how it sounds. This is definitely Fletcher-Munson at work and the solution is to tweak your profiles at this volume so that you get an accurate representation of how it will sound on stage. If you tweak at lower volumes, you are in for disappointment.

Do this, and EQ tweaking on stage will be as minimal as possible, I assure you. But getting your tone in the ballpark range beforehand is essential.