Power conditioner. Is it actually worth it?

• I personally have never used a power conditioner and never even thought about getting one until I have had a rack for one to go into. Personally, I have only heard one comment "you'll be sorry, when all your kit blows up". I have always thought that was the point of a fuse, it pops before your gears pops. Is it just me or does a power conditioner serve no function beyond the fuse in your kettle lead? Which it is plugged in via.
    On the smoothing side I presume the Kemper has an internal power smoothing circuit, correct me if I'm wrong.

That may have come across a bit harsh/arrogant but, is there any reason for getting a power conditioner?

• That may have come across a bit harsh/arrogant but, is there any reason for getting a power conditioner?

I don't play gigs but in my case I have some "dirt" going in my electrical outlets. For example when I switch on the lights in the room I get hum/hiss added even to clean profiles which is more present on overdriven profiles. When I put the lights off it is quiet. I wonder if power conditioner will filter this hiss?

• I personally have never used a power conditioner and never even thought about getting one until I have had a rack for one to go into. Personally, I have only heard one comment "you'll be sorry, when all your kit blows up". I have always thought that was the point of a fuse, it pops before your gears pops. Is it just me or does a power conditioner serve no function beyond the fuse in your kettle lead? Which it is plugged in via.
    On the smoothing side I presume the Kemper has an internal power smoothing circuit, correct me if I'm wrong.

That may have come across a bit harsh/arrogant but, is there any reason for getting a power conditioner?

Power conditioner is a filter witch preventing high frequency noise(above 50 -60 Hz) go to your unit. So basically it's a good thing.
    But it depends on the circuit itself. Don't buy a power conditioner wchich is builded with very expensive wood , very good golden audiophile capacitors and something like that :D

Simple inductor in series with capacitor to the ground will make better job.

If you have another equipment after or before the KPA - they should have also filtered power - even with the same filter - because of audio section of the KPA witch is analog.
    DIgital path is safe - if you are using spdiff's only for reamping.

• I can't talk first hand but I've done some research into this. From what I've gleaned- unless you're gonna pay in the 500 € kinda range the cheaper ones are glorified trip switches. Plus side you get a convenient power strip ( if you want to change all your leads to iec connection generally ) and some nice lights. These can be nice features, that'd be up to you. Playing in a place with rotten power supplies, generators, dodgy wiring you need to cough up for a decent level of protection. Otherwise from what I've learned it's pretty much a placebo effect.
    This is a summation from what I've gleaned from looking into this very question on the web. The kemper unit is very well made, check out the specs.

• I forgot to add. That while I've personally satisfied myself that l don't need a glorified trip switch rack thingy, l will definitely be using a trip. Just figure on it being a tenth of the price.

• I have a studio set up in an old mobile home. The wiring in it is terrible. Lots of noise etc. I bought a power conditioner and it eliminated ALL the noise. Plus everything in my rack is completely safe against surges etc. It's a true conditioner though, not a glorified power strip disguised as a conditioner. I went with a Furman.

• I have a studio set up in an old mobile home. The wiring in it is terrible. Lots of noise etc. I bought a power conditioner and it eliminated ALL the noise. Plus everything in my rack is completely safe against surges etc. It's a true conditioner though, not a glorified power strip disguised as a conditioner. I went with a Furman.

Bad wiring is also my case. It makes lots of noise. What Furman model do you have? Do you have 3-wire electrical installation with ground wire where you plug your Furman?

• When I put the lights off it is quiet. I wonder if power conditioner will filter this hiss?

A power-conditioner may help if the hiss originate from within your electronics (KPA, poweramp etc). The conditioner will OHOT not make any difference if the noise comes from your gitar. So, does the hiss disappear if you roll back the volume on your guitar, or unplug it?

• This looks like if I use if anywhere I have dodgy power the conditioner is worth while. But, you have to get a decent one to make a difference. So never having had an issue I can buy either a trip or stick with fuses.

• I have a furman pl8. It's useful for powering a few things at a time. I used to use it in my rack and it powered my Mesa and g system at the time. No hiss issues but I'm not sure if the furman was the reason. Nowadays I use it in my home studio to power monitors and the keeper. I had noise issues caused by a dimmer and the conditioner did not solve them. But again it's convenient to power multiple items. Not sure I think the power conditioner has that great an benefit on hiss etc but my model was particularly expensive

• A power-conditioner may help if the hiss originate from within your electronics (KPA, poweramp etc).

Well I think noise/hiss comes not from KPA but from bad wiring/lights - when I put on the lights in the room, some hiss is added to "what I hear in the speakers". Guitars are fine, single coils have natural noise to them.