Expression Pedal Review Thread - please post your reviews here :)

• Actually, the volume pedal works independently from the master volume and all other output volumes (Reference Manual p. 33), so linking or unlinking shouldn't make a difference, I think...

@CPHfx, how are you connecting your pedal?

You may be right, I'm at work also. One thing to try for sure is isolate it by not using wah for now. Just hook up and only have the pedal work the volume. You also should calibrate the pedal using "Init".

• @CPHfx, man I totally didn't see in the first thread I was replying to that your Kemper was crashing when you tried to save a rig. I have never seen that before but I haven't done to much with mine after upgrading to 3.0 either. Some things still remain after a factory reset, your rigs for example, not sure what other settings are retained. I have two DVP3's but I'm not using the volume when wah not active thing. No problems here, that's why I suggested just trying volume with it to start. And definitely make some adjustments on a rig then try to save it under another name and see what happens.

• Seems to work now with 3.01.
    Took some time ;)
    Still, I could manage to aget volume and wah at once - just dont now why and where this is coming from...
    Just niw in this moment, it works... Only tkaes a while, until volume works after i switched of wah.
    Thanks for helping me!

• Only tkaes a while, until volume works after i switched of wah.

This is a known issue and it doesn't look like there's a fix on the way, as Kemper officially state that the use of a single expression pedal to control both volume and wah in the same rig isn't supported.

Glad you got it sorted so that it's usable, though!

Cheers,
    Sam

• This is a known issue and it doesn't look like there's a fix on the way, as Kemper officially state that the use of a single expression pedal to control both volume and wah in the same rig isn't supported.

Glad you got it sorted so that it's usable, though!

Cheers,
    Sam

IIRC, in the rig section, you can adjust the range of the volume pedal. Just increase the value from -5 to say -3 and your volume will not cut out all the way when you use wah. But there will be a volume drop. If you're using only one pedal, you could always turn off the volume pedal, like I do, because I like to switch stuff in and out of the Kemper FX slots.

• I think, thats the better way... Having two same rigs, one only wah, one only volume...

I found, that my volume pedal does not work for volume values bigger than zero - is this normal?
    If I understand the manual correctly, volume should increase if set to a value bigger than zero - like a booster pedal.
    Still not really working for me.
    I am a strange guy...

• This is a known issue and it doesn't look like there's a fix on the way, as Kemper officially state that the use of a single expression pedal to control both volume and wah in the same rig isn't supported.

I concur... While programming both volume and wah is possible, I felt the delay and/or uncertainty of pedal position made it impractical for any stage use. Better to have twin dedicated pedals for this purpose IMO.

Happy Kemper

• [Blocked Image: https://winslowshellbutton.fil…com/2015/03/dsc_00271.jpg]
    my current pedalsetup: small and inexpensive

2 selfbuild exp-controller (10k pots+1k res like: http://www.strymon.net/tag/expression-pedal/) (conrad < 15 EUR each)
    - volume
    - monitor volumen

That#s a funny setup.
    Aren't you afraid to change volume accidentally by touching the pots with your feet?

• does somebody knows a programable midi-pedal with:
    - 1or 2 pedals
    - some switches to select the cc for the pedal (without using a computer to change the cc for the pedal)

so that i can use 1 pedal to control different cc´s alternately

(thought about my sold vox tonlab se - you was able to change the cc for the pedals on the board - with a rebuilt (4 selectbuttons to footswitches) it should work !??)

• That#s a funny setup.
    Aren't you afraid to change volume accidentally by touching the pots with your feet?

i don´t have fixed the 2 controller on the remote (only rubber... under the boxes)
    so i could place them ca. 60 cm around the connection if the action gets to wild

to adjust the volume fine, they work really good (for me better then the pedal - i often changed the level by leaving the pedal)

• Quick question: when I start up the Kemper with the remote plugged in, it can take minutes before the remote is detected (the screen keeps on saying "awaiting connection"). After it's detected, after a few minutes it can just lose connection again. Sometimes no detection at all, and I have to reboot a few times. Anyone else experienced this? I'm on firmware 3.01. Maybe there's something wrong with the remote and I have to ask the people at Kemper...?

• Quick question: when I start up the Kemper with the remote plugged in, it can take minutes before the remote is detected (the screen keeps on saying "awaiting connection"). After it's detected, after a few minutes it can just lose connection again. Sometimes no detection at all, and I have to reboot a few times. Anyone else experienced this? I'm on firmware 3.01. Maybe there's something wrong with the remote and I have to ask the people at Kemper...?

If the Remote loses contact with the KPA before it finishes booting up, try this:
    After the KPA has fully booted up, press one of the 1 - 5 switches on the Remote.

That makes The Remote "wake up" for me.

• If the Remote loses contact with the KPA before it finishes booting up, try this:
    After the KPA has fully booted up, press one of the 1 - 5 switches on the Remote.

That makes The Remote "wake up" for me.

Doesn't help, it keeps on saying "awaiting connection" whatever I do...

• Interesting pots. Do you have a link to them?