The Official "Ambrosi Amps' Retrofit Power Amps for the Profiler" thread

• His face looks quite happy ;)
    Did you experiment with the Input sensitivity trimmer in the end?

Also, it would be great to know the cab's impedance (I assume 4 ohm) and sensitivity for future references :)

I tried contacting you the same way, T.! Got the same response so I'm guessing it could have something to do with your "conversation" security options?

This :)

what kind of output % does maxing the trimmer add ?

Rob, the trimmer is an input sensitivity regulator. It serves the double purpose to optimize the N/S and not induce any distortion.
    Refer to the nominal specs as regards the output :)

• This

No. I checked that.
    Other members write messages to me.
    What is so difficult sending your mail address if you are truly interested in a conversation, as you have said ?
    Tilman

• No. I checked that.
    Other members write messages to me.
    What is so difficult sending your mail address if you are truly interested in a conversation, as you have said ?

???

Who said it's difficult? I was just trying to troubleshoot a possible issue from your side :)

• I believe that.
    The problem is on my site. I tried each and every possible adjustment in my profile and even had Marco (Gitarrenschlumpf) have a look at it - no result.

I would be so easy to send a mail to my email address for Gianfranco, but for some reason, he chooses not to get in contact with me......
    Interesting.

• Hey, chill out dude! Aren't you being a bit too nervous with your last comments? :)
    I'm honoured you find interesting I visited my barber shop in the afternoon, but don't see this related :|

You seem like one of those customers that write an email to customer service, and if they don't receive an answer within a couple of hours they post that "they never got them back to them" or conclude that customer service is not effective at all :D
    Are we in any hurry?

• Hey, chill out dude! Aren't you being a bit too nervous with your last comments? :)
    I'm honoured you find interesting I visited my barber shop in the afternoon, but don't see this related :|

You seem like one of those customers that write an email to customer service, and if they don't receive an answer within a couple of hours they post that "they never got them back to them" or conclude that customer service is not effective at all :D
    Are we in any hurry?

Actually what I found interesting is that you took the time to write 3!! post related to my request for getting in contact with you (which you had encouraged me to do before) when one single mail would have been sufficient.
    That leaves me thinking that you either do not want me to get in contact with you, or ...I have no idea......
    Even now, you tell me to chill out, but still - no contact info from you.
    As I have said : I found that to be very interesting.

Tilman

• Wow, you made a whole statistic study on the matter :)
    Wonder what kind of conclusions you got.

You know, we Calabrian people tend to behave like donkeys: the more you pull, the more we put our foot down. It might be related to this, I am not sure. Anyway, I have (had) many things to do, and please let me decide for my own priorities :)

TBH, I find this attitude a bit morbid, but it might be a cultural issue.

• Am I understanding you correctly....the Ambrosi through this cabinet produces the same volume as the CLR?

If the specs are comparable (i.e. measured using the same tolerances and criteria) and my Maths is not betraying me, yes. Maybe a dB less.
    And if you (had) wired the cab @ 4 ohm you'd reach 123 dB\1 W\1 m :D

• Plugged the Ambrosi into a Vox 1x12 today, 30 watt Celestion.

At half volume it was hard to talk to anyone in the room, volume higher than half was extremely loud.

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Kemp1_zps11ea9f1c.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Kemp3_zps160e0c3d.jpg]

My friends and Zulu Kemper bodyguards, don't try steal a Kemper when these guys are around. :)

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Kemp7_zps764de297.jpg]

• Has anyone in the US get this amp yet? I just sent an email to ambrosiamps asking for price and shipping.

I plan on using it with a 2x12 cab. I built the cab but haven't settled on the speakers yet. Any recommendations on the speakers? I have some G12T75s I may try for now.
    Thanks

• I'm in UK, and I'm so very tempted, I don't need it, can't afford it, but....... Hopefully someone can do a bit of a video review, shots of fitting and connecting, different cabs 1x12 2x12 4x12, don't want much do I haha.

• Has anyone in the US get this amp yet? I just sent an email to ambrosiamps asking for price and shipping.

I plan on using it with a 2x12 cab. I built the cab but haven't settled on the speakers yet. Any recommendations on the speakers? I have some G12T75s I may try for now.
    Thanks

I'm going to respond back tomorrow... As for the cab, have it set @ 4 ohm...

• I'm in UK, and I'm so very tempted, I don't need it, can't afford it, but....... Hopefully someone can do a bit of a video review, shots of fitting and connecting, different cabs 1x12 2x12 4x12, don't want much do I haha.

I'm trying to find time to do all of this, you must realise just shooting a 2 minute video takes hours of work.

Having said that, doing a video of how to fit the Ambrosi is like doing a tutorial explaining to a guitarist that the tuning pegs on the headstock are the things you use to tune the guitar. :)
    Seriously, you unscrew 8 screws, you drop the Ambrosi into the back of the Kemper and screw back the 8 screws.
    Connect one little cable from Kemper Monitor out to Ambrosi Input...done.

Different Cabs.
    You'll see in the photos I've posted, plugged into a 4x12, a 2x12 and latest a 1x12.
    Now you'd like to know how it sounded through the different Cabs?
    Think about it, how is it possible to demo the sound/tone with a video?...the cam mic will produce a tone that's totally unauthentic and can't demonstrate volume.

I'll tell you what it sounds like.
    Imagine you go into a music store and plug your guitar into a few different big name tube amps, no ones around so you're able to play at loud volumes....that's it, no difference, same tone, same feel.

Instead, I think what I'm going to do is go to a studio, plug the Ambrosi into a 1x12, 2x12 and 4x12, mic the cabinet and record a few quick clips.
    That sounds crazy, why would you mic the cabinet when you know we all use the Kemper Main Outs with Cabs ON direct to the PA.
    Well, if I can mic the powered Kemper into a cabinet and get great recorded tones then it's 'kind of'' proof that the poweramp cabs OFF is authentic 'tube' amp tone.

The Ambrosi has completely changed my KPA, granted, if I had a Kemper Powerhead or PowerRack I wouldn't need the Ambrosi.
    I get asked all the time, yeah but can you use this Kemper thing live like I use my real amps.
    Try explaining to your average guitarist who hasn't spent the last 10 years of his life on TGP what FRFR is, after 30 seconds he walks away bored to death.
    Instead, drop the Kemper on his Cabinet and turn up the volume, he quickly realises it sounds like a real tube amp except he also has access to all the FX he could ever need.

I'll try do the clips this week.