scott henderson dog party profile (possibly matchless HC30)

• Supposedly he used a matchless HC30 although in some interviews he mentions spitfire. At any rate, none of the ampfactory profiles seem like they're in the same ballpark.

Anyone have something that sounds like dog party?

• Before you buy Profiles...

Knowing what tones you like I'd suggest trying the Kemper factory Profiles of the Matchless Chieftan (The Chief), the Matchless HC-30 (Matchbox), and Tom Hemby's Bad Cat (Bad Kittie)...Profiled in the Nashville Profiling sessions.

Keep in mind.
    The Nashville Profiling sessions produced pure un-tweaked Profiles, nothing added, no Compressor or Boosts, etc.
    Try adding the Compressor Stomp upfront followed by the Pure Boost.

Here are the Nashville Profiling sessions of Tom Hemby's Bad Cat (Bad Kittie).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And Dave Cleveland's Matchless HC30. (Matchbox)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Neither of those two really sound much like the dog party tone. The Kittie has too much GAIN. The dog party tone is just a variation of a cranked super reverb with a tube screamer like device in front. I think most decent EL84 amps could be made to sound like that through the right speaker and a boost or TS9 in front but having the EL84 sparkle definitely helps.

There are 4 Profiles of each amp in the Factory Profiles (check the reference listed I posted) starting at clean going to crunch.

Ah, did not know that. Thanks I will definitely try it. In the meantime, I played around a little more with ampfactory profiles and have gotten it close. Thanks again!

• They should come with your Kemper, unless a previous owner has deleted them.

However, you can do a Factory Profile/Rigs recall by pressing the "System" button, page one, and then press "Factory Rigs".

• From Henderson's website:
    "Dog Party" was done with a 35 watt Matchless amp, Celestion Vintage 30's, a Shure 57, and a Tube Screamer. The guitar was a re-issue '57 Strat with Lindy Fralin pickups. Since the guitar tracks were all done in the studio, I didn't get the chance to screw them up at home. I decided at this point that I really liked the good ol' Shure 57 and never went back to the Nuemann. "

• Ah, did not know that. Thanks I will definitely try it. In the meantime, I played around a little more with ampfactory profiles and have gotten it close. Thanks again!

Hello!

I felt on this topic for the same reason you started it I guess ... how close did tou get? did you share it on rigexchange?

• Hello!

I felt on this topic for the same reason you started it I guess ... how close did tou get? did you share it on rigexchange?

I believe Jack moved on from the Kemper quite a while ago.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me