Fizz fail in my profiling attempts. Halp !

• Not hating nor blaming the kemper here, i know i'm doing something wrong. (my 2nd time profiling at all)

This is related to metal guitar tone profiling attempts.

When profiling i don't like having to choose a rig that's
    "near my amps tone" because i don't find any that are anywhere close.
    Is it mandatory to have a great sounding reference rig?
    All i have is fizz fest profiles as reference rigs because they don't fit well with my guitar so im making my own.
    I'm wondering if this is why my profiles aren't coming out great? (the reference rigs being crap)

Ive been recording and mixing for 10 years (please don't tell me i don't know how to set an amp and mic up)
    My gain is not maxed, its at 4 to keep things thick- my mids are not on 0 etc :) i am in a treated room as well- the issue im having is; the reference amp
    sounds beastly on the kempers reference tab and the kemper amp side sounds fizzy and garbage like
    no matter what profile i pick as a base profile for my profiling attempt.

Can you use an undergained profile as a reference? or should it have as much gain as my amp im trying to
    profile?

The profile is coming out CLOSE to my amps miced sound but FIZZY and i'm having to cut the presence
    knob 3db. When i listen to my amp through the kemper before profiling
    this fizz isn't there at all, just a thick midranged guitar tone awaiting proper profiling...
    So what is it i'm doing wrong ? (i am close and it sounds great but this fizz thing being added on is killing it)

• I might be wrong but my understanding is that the reason you choose a similar reference amp is to get the levels correct before profiling. So I would see if you get the levels the same and then hit profile and see what it says. It will tell you if something is wrong.

• So how come the manual states it must be "near the tone of the amp you're choosing to profile" ? Can anyone confirm if this is critical to capturing my amps tones.

• Actually i did a little tweaking and the profiles sound great! i love the kemper! i can live with editing out the added fizz. For me the kemper shines most when profiling your own amps because NONE of the metal profiles ive even paid for sound good with my guitar. They were fizzy and lifeless and midless and way too much gain, but capturing my rectifier and marshall sounds so beastly! excited. Thread is over. :) Although if anyone has any other input on why i might be getting a bit of fizz in my profiles i'm all ears.

• No sweat, the profile you're going to create won't be affected by the reference profile you choose :)

+1, The chosen profile will not affect how the kemper then profiles the real amp rig.
    CreateyourFate, what pickups do you have in your guitar?
    I guess they have extremely high output and lots of treble since you experience all metal profiles to be too fizzy, lifeless with too much gain.

• Yeah i have a dimebucker haha; ultra treble with cut mids. Making my own profiles has been coming out amazing though. They're now loud without too much gain and i find that turning up the clarity in the amplifier menu actually kills the fizz without ruining the profile and thickens it up a bit too. Perfect. There's 2 clarity settings- one adds clarity- the other- as i turn it up actually cuts the fizz. Glad i found that. I have all i need now. Thanks for the help!