badcat tremcat profile?

• No, the Kemper is not designed to profile a tremolo pulse (or other time based effects, like chorus, flanging, reverb, delay).

But, If you (or another user) have that pedal, the sound of it can likely be matched with the effects in the Kemper.

The tremcat is an amp, not a pedal.

• How much different would it be than Matchless profiles?

Not sure because I've only briefly played matchless amps in the stores, never owned one but I've owned 4 badcat amps. The tremcat was a delicious EL84 amp with gorgeous reverb and reminded me of a BF deluxe reverb but with the EL84 chime. I have not found any matchless or badcat profiles that really knocked me out either. I'm still looking for one to do the scott henderson dog party tone. The Morgan AC20 isn't bad but too many of the EL84 profiles seem to be generated with too much gain and not enough brilliance

• Did you try the Bad Cat Tone Cat Profiles?

I have not tried that. Not familiar with the tone cat.

Regarding Maz 38, it sounds nothing like an HC30 or Tremcat. Dr Z amps tend to have really thick mids which is not at all what the badcat and matchless amps are about.

Who's tonecat profile would you recommend?

• I have not tried that. Not familiar with the tone cat.

Regarding Maz 38, it sounds nothing like an HC30 or Tremcat. Dr Z amps tend to have really thick mids which is not at all what the badcat and matchless amps are about.

I hear you and understand what you are saying - I am a long-time. [ Ceriatone clone ] DC 30 user.

The Bass and. Mid controls [ especially the Mid ] on the KPA are. *very* musical .... maybe try the Maz profiles and gently take the mids and gain down a touch ..... you might be pleasantly surprised :)

I reckon that might give you what you want - I have tried all 4 or 5 of the Bad Cat profiles and to my ears at least, they require a lot of tweaking to get in the ball-park .......again, for me and to my ears, a good KPA profile should only require just a hint of. -and very quick- tweaking to get it right ...... any more than that and my experience is that no amount of extra tweaking will get you there.

Ben

• I have not tried that. Not familiar with the tone cat.

Not sure if you're still using your gmail account, I e mailed them to you.
    If you're not using that acc PM me the correct e mail.

The Bad Cat Tonecat is Tom Hemby's (Vince Gill's guitarist) amp Profiled in Nashville.

• Not sure if you're still using your gmail account, I e mailed them to you.
    If you're not using that acc PM me the correct e mail.

The Bad Cat Tonecat is Tom Hemby's (Vince Gill's guitarist) amp Profiled in Nashville.

Hey Guitartone - is Tom Hemby's Bad Cat profile the one that comes with the. Kemper -or- do you have a different one. ? If so, I'd love to try it out :)

Ben

• Hey Guitartone - is Tom Hemby's Bad Cat profile the one that comes with the. Kemper -or- do you have a different one. ? If so, I'd love to try it out :)

Ben

It's the 'Bad Kitty' Profiles that come with the Kemper.
    It's as good as any of the commercial Profiles.
    So are the Matchless HC30 Profiles that come with the Kemper, they're called "Matchbox".
    The Matchless Chieftan Kemper Profiles are also excellent, they're called "The Chief".

All these Profiles were made during the Nashville Profiling sessions...go to Youtube, search Kemper Nashville Profiling sessions.