Looking for some " Direct " / " D.I " profiles to try out ...... anyone have / done any yet ..... ?

• Hey all

I realize FW 3.0 is not yet out, but given 2.8 BETA is, and that Direct "post-power-amp-pre-speaker" profiles have been do-able any way since day 1, I was wondering if someone has / can point me to a listing of some ?

I already have the BE "Direct" and the Mesa Triple Rec "Direct" ....

Is there a way [ perhaps ] to search the rig exchange just for "Direct" -or- "D.I" profiles ?

Thanks again,
    Ben

• ..... ooops ...... turns out if I go the to the Rig Exchange and leave all 4 default search categories checked and then enter the phrase " Direct " in to the search box, there arealready actually over 2 pages of them ..... :)

• ..... ooops ...... turns out if I go the to the Rig Exchange and leave all 4 default search categories checked and then enter the phrase " Direct " in to the search box, there arealready actually over 2 pages of them ..... :)

.... ah ... actually they are mainly for Bass and Acoustic .... so not many at all there ...

• The DI profiles on the Rig Exchange and in the preamp profile rig pack are not the same as v3.0 Direct Profiies.

DI profiles:
    DI profiles (made in any release before 2.8) and Preamp profies, are made with a line level direct box connected to the Main Output of a preamp, or to the preamp/line output of amplifier.

Direct Profiles:
    "Direct Profiles" (made in version 2.8 or above) are made with a speaker level direct box connected between the speaker output of an amp and the connected speaker. There are none of these on the Rig Exchange - they are not compatible with software versions 2.7.4 or earlier.

• The DI profiles on the Rig Exchange and in the preamp profile rig pack are not the same as v3.0 Direct Profiies.

DI profiles:
    DI profiles (made in any release before 2.8) and Preamp profies, are made with a line level direct box connected to the Main Output of a preamp, or to the preamp/line output of amplifier.

Direct Profiles:
    "Direct Profiles" (made in version 2.8 or above) are made with a speaker level direct box connected between the speaker output of an amp and the connected speaker. There are none of these on the Rig Exchange - they are not compatible with software versions 2.7.4 or earlier.

This. Also due to 3.0 not being out there will be no direct profiles on RM until 3.0 is out and compatibility is granted. After that it won't take long for direct profiles being available on RM I guess.

DI profiles:

Direct Profiles:

Sorry, but this is not correct. The version of the KPA OS is not linked on how you do your profiles. I always created my DI profiles after the speaker output. And there will also be others who will do DI profiles after the preamp in version 3.0 and later. So it is always important to know how those profiles were created. Also with 3.0 DI profiles themselves sound no different than in other versions. They only can be routed of the monitor out without any further alteration by using the new merge function. So if you have older DI profiles created after the speaker out, you can perfectly use them even in 3.0.

• here is a link to a thread with some I did.

http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…les-Please-test-Chandler/?

• Sorry, but this is not correct. The version of the KPA OS is not linked on how you do your profiles. I always created my DI profiles after the speaker output. And there will also be others who will do DI profiles after the preamp in version 3.0 and later. So it is always important to know how those profiles were created. Also with 3.0 DI profiles themselves sound no different than in other versions. They only can be routed of the monitor out without any further alteration by using the new merge function. So if you have older DI profiles created after the speaker out, you can perfectly use them even in 3.0.

You, of course, are correct about how you made your profiles :) if you would have made them with 2.8 or above, though, they couldn't currently be posted on The Rig Exchange.

Most of the above mentioned profiles are preamp profiles, and your profiles are different than preamp DI profiles.

I think the only way only way to avoid confusion with preamp profiles is to use the "Direct profile" term the Kemper Company is using for 3.0 profiles and beyond, and reserve DI for preamp profiles. Or, even better - convince everyone to call preamp profiles "preamp profiles".

• Yes, with release of 3.0 we will have to face a lot of confusion in this manner.
    Proper terminology should be defined in one thread and that thread should be made sticky.

• As a suggestion, as I see it, we have the following Profiing options ...... I think Ive covered all bases ......

For 2.7.4 and earlier

274 Post Speaker
    274 Post Power Amp Pre Speaker
    274 Pre Amp Out
    274 Line Out

For 3.0 [ and 2.8 Beta ] and later

300 Post Speaker
    300 Post Power Amp Pre Speaker
    300 Dual Post Speaker and Post Power Amp
    300 Pre Amp Out
    300 Line Out

So ……

For 2.7.4 and earlier

274 Full
    274 PPAPS
    274 PreOut
    274 LineOut

For 3.0 and later

300 Full
    300 PPAPS
    300 Full and PPAPS
    300 PreAmp
    300 LineOut

Just a thought :) ........ plus we will need some extra columns in the Rig Exchange to make listing / searching / download a lot easier.

Ben

• Well done! In the current official terminology, three of those approaches have names:
    "Full" is a Studio Profile
    "PPAPS" is a Direct Profile
    "Full and PPAPS" is a Merged Profile.

Thanks paults

How about this then

274 Studio Profile
    274 Direct Profile
    274 PA
    274 LO

300 Studio Profile
    300 Direct Profile
    300 Merged Profile
    300 PA
    300 LO

[ PA = Pre Amp, LO = Line Out ]

Ben

• Well done! In the current official terminology, three of those approaches have names:
    "Full" is a Studio Profile
    "PPAPS" is a Direct Profile
    "Full and PPAPS" is a Merged Profile.

The second one will become the main problem, cause there are already many post preamp profiles out there that were called 'Direct Profile' by many in the past. So the post speaker out profiles need a new name in order to avoid confusion with past use. Some already used the name 'Direct AMP profile' for PPAPS and i would support that.