anybody tried the m britt version 2 pack one?

• Good to know. I liked a few from that pack but it wasn't the same as Pack 2 and Dumble for me so I'm excited to get back to this version and hear it.

I think MBritt did a wonderful job in his initial writeup explaining how the pack came to be. But I think that tweaking it to be in line with Pack 2 because he wanted a more consistent standard is admirable, especially in light of the fact that he has a day job already!

• They sound great, several of the profiles I choose over the "original" pack 1 profiles. Specifically the /13 FTR 37 profiles, and a few others that are my style. Also I will continue to rave about this, but the new matchless profiles are absolutely astounsing. The SC30 BC6 profile is the perfect glassy transparent edge of breakup matchless tone we are all familiar with. I think it is by far the best matchless profile I've ever heard.

• I would agree that the V2 adjustments are very positive, and could recommend them.

One of the best parts of Mr. Britt's being so scrupulous in providing a Version 2 -- without charge! -- is that you are able to retain both in the profiles you have on the "Local Library," as well as what you have loaded into your Kemper.

Certainly this is a mark of a 1) person who understands and can relate to most of us, who make music in positions that compensate no where near what I hope this fine player makes; 2) a person committed to meticulously review of his work, and changes as needed; and, 3) a fellow guitar player who wants to offer his fellow players his best personal personal effort at truly shaping his samples to be ones that we "mere mortal" guitar players can obtain and enjoy in our own work.

In this day and (IMHO) awful age of seeking profit at all cost, thus making Old World Craftsmanship and Quality a consideration near the bottom of the list, Britt, it seems to me, is choosing a path that is very different than one determined by such shallow and selfish goals. Mr. Britt, as I see it, wants to, above all, offer a very high quality "product" above all else. As most all of us have learned by now -- and cynically acknowledge because it is true -- ninety-nine out of a hundred people will offer us something for sale that, ultimately, is designed/produced/intended to provide "the seller" with tremendous profit at the lowest possible quality to those who, have earnest hopes for "something better," purchase. '

It seems to me -- and I hope the medium- and long-term time frames prove me correct -- Michael Britt is offering us guitar players a superior product at a reasonable cost. And, fellow guitarists, that is something that is world beyond the average "company" or "entity" promising us "sound Nirvana" for merely a few bucks. Based upon what I sense and know of Mr. Britt's Kemper profiles -- above all his clear dedication to providing us guitarists with the uber-quality profiles with which to play our many different and professional gigs -- I most highly recommend them to you for your consideration.

Thank you, Mr. Britt, for offering us "mere mortals," who utilize the Kemper PA as our primary performance tool, to achieve tone that is exceptional. Keep up the good work!

Dr. Douglas Thompson
    St. Paul, MN