Camplifier 360

• I currently have the Kemper non- powered toaster head. I run it through JBL studio monitors but would like to run my Randall RV4x12 loaded with Vintage 30s and G75s. The cab can be run in stereo 135watt rms / ch. I was looking at the Camplifier 360 so I can get the stereo effect when running the effects section. The speakers in the cab are 16 ohm so I assume that running the Camplifier 360 in stereo given this configuration would output only 90wattx2 instead of the 180wattx2 @ 8 ohm as advertised by Ritter Amplification. I am really wondering if anyone has any experience running a 4x12 of similar specs as I have mentioned , with a Camplifier ? I understand disable the cab section on the kemper but how transparent is the Camplifier? If I run a ENGL Savage profile that was profiled on a similar cabinet as the one I have, will it still sound as awesome as it does thru monitors, except a much larger sound? Also, what effect does the fact that profiles have a power amp aspect to them already and then add the Camplifier as a power amp. How transparent is the Camplifier? . Monitors are not going to have the punch in my opinion as a 4x12. I guess I like moving air . Given the price of the Camplifier 360 and that it comes over from overseas, I would hate to get this and then have it not be what I thought it was. Any direction is much appreciated. Thank you.

Regarding the Kemper Powered Rack - I see only single output to hook a cab to . Is there a way to get stereo effects into a cab that can be run stereo with the Kemper Power Rack? Maybe I missed something

Thanks again!

• I currently have the Kemper non- powered toaster head. I run it through JBL studio monitors but would like to run my Randall RV4x12 loaded with Vintage 30s and G75s. The cab can be run in stereo 135watt rms / ch. I was looking at the Camplifier 360 so I can get the stereo effect when running the effects section. The speakers in the cab are 16 ohm so I assume that running the Camplifier 360 in stereo given this configuration would output only 90wattx2 instead of the 180wattx2 @ 8 ohm as advertised by Ritter Amplification. I am really wondering if anyone has any experience running a 4x12 of similar specs as I have mentioned , with a Camplifier ? I understand disable the cab section on the kemper but how transparent is the Camplifier? If I run a ENGL Savage profile that was profiled on a similar cabinet as the one I have, will it still sound as awesome as it does thru monitors, except a much larger sound? Also, what effect does the fact that profiles have a power amp aspect to them already and then add the Camplifier as a power amp. How transparent is the Camplifier? . Monitors are not going to have the punch in my opinion as a 4x12. I guess I like moving air . Given the price of the Camplifier 360 and that it comes over from overseas, I would hate to get this and then have it not be what I thought it was. Any direction is much appreciated. Thank you.

Regarding the Kemper Powered Rack - I see only single output to hook a cab to . Is there a way to get stereo effects into a cab that can be run stereo with the Kemper Power Rack? Maybe I missed something

Thanks again!

The Kemper power rack is in mono, if you want a stereo solution, the Camplifier products are used by a few users here and I haven't heard any complaints about the sound crapping out at higher volumes.

• Hi Mschribes,

I manufacture the Camplifier 360 so my answer will be biased.

"The speakers in the cab are 16 ohm so I assume that running the Camplifier 360 in stereo given this configuration would output only 90wattx2 instead of the 180wattx2 @ 8 ohm as advertised by Ritter Amplification. "

If the speaker chassis in your cab are 16ohms, it is very likely that you can switch it to 2 x 8ohms per side when running your cab in stereo mode.
    In this case, you can power your cab with 2x180W with the Camplifier 360.

"I understand disable the cab section on the kemper but how transparent is the Camplifier? If I run a ENGL Savage profile that was profiled on a similar cabinet as the one I have, will it still sound as awesome as it does thru monitors, except a much larger sound? Also, what effect does the fact that profiles have a power amp aspect to them already and then add the Camplifier as a power amp. How transparent is the Camplifier? "

The Camplifier power amp modules are transparent as can be. Very similar to the Power Head amp module, just not that powerful.
    The limiting factor here will not be the Camplifier when it comes to transparency.
    Your speaker cabinet will leave a large footprint on your overall sound though. No matter what amplifier profile you will run in your KPA, it will always have the "large EQ" (this is what a guitar cab actually is) at the end of the line.
    This can be a good or a bad thing. If you are used to the sound from your (relatively linear) monitors now, the sound with your cabinet will be different which, again, does not mean it will be better or worse.
    Since you have mentioned that your favorite profile was taken from a similar cabinet - I guess you will like the result.

Tilman

• Just to add to the discussion, please keep in mind that when using monitor out and direct out as a stereo monitor output solution you cannot disable cabs on both and run to FOH with cab on simultaneously. That's because cabdriver only works on monitor out, not on direct out.

• Thank you everyone for the direction. It sounds like the Camplifier would best suite what I am looking to do. After looking at my cab some more, when running in stereo the left and right inputs are 8 ohm vs the 16 ohm mono. Should have caught that. So now I am do not know if the 290 might be a better fit being that the cab only handles 135watt rms / channel when run in stereo. I do not want to overpower by running the 360's 180watt / channel. Looking at the 290 though it only runs 50 watt x 2 when running stereo @ 8 ohms. Mr. Tilman, any suggestions as to which one would better fit?

I will not be worried about mixing FOH and cabs . I just wanted to be able to power my cab with the kemper to achieve a larger sound than thru the monitors when practicing or jamming with others. As long as it sounds good, is loud enough, and can utilize stereo effects effectively, I am happy.

Thanks to everyone

• Yes, I think the 360 is the best choice for you.

The chance that you blow a speaker is very small.
    You would have to pump >170W into your cabinet before things start to break.
    This would be deafening loud. Even if you would use some ear protection.
    It would be hard to hear the drummer at this power level.

So, I do not say it is impossible, but it is very unlikely.
    We have Camplifier 180 customers driving 25W greenbacks with no damage to the speaker.
    These guys know how to handle that.

Imagine you would have the KPA Power Head. There is no guitar speaker cabinet on earth which will take 600W for a long time....

Tilman

• Just to add to the discussion, please keep in mind that when using monitor out and direct out as a stereo monitor output solution you cannot disable cabs on both and run to FOH with cab on simultaneously. That's because cabdriver only works on monitor out, not on direct out.

So the Camplifier utilizes the Direct Out and Monitor Out . How does this affect the other outputs of the Kemper?

1. Does the Camplifier affect the headphone output? Meaning would the Camplifier have to be off in order to use the headphone output? I do not know why one would have it on when using headphones output but I did not find any documentation on this

2. Kemper Master section for Direct Out and Monitor Out would be set to Master Mono when using the Camplifier? If not what is the preferred method to utilize full stereo effects on a stereo cab?

3. When Camplifier is hooked up and on, What becomes of the Main Outs? Are they sending master stereo minus the cab section too?

4. To utilize just the Kemper as if it had no Camplifier, would the user just not turn on the Camplifier and turn Cab Emulation back on ? Obviously one would not run your Kemper outputs to the Camplifier inputs in this situation. Maybe dumb question but again, have not found documentation and do not care to fry a $2000 product.

Thank you for your time

• The camplifier does not affect the kemper in any way. The camplifier (stereo) has two input jacks and two output jacks/speakon, that's it.
    It takes whatever you want in the input jacks , even your mp3 player if you wish so.
    It's up to you to select which kemper output you wish to connect to the camplifier. Personnaly I'm using the main out.

• I would have thought that the main outs made more sense to use. Versus trying to run direct out and monitor out. However, all of the other pictures I've seen so far utilize the direct out in Monitor out as a stereo option.

• I would have thought that the main outs made more sense to use. Versus trying to run direct out and monitor out. However, all of the other pictures I've seen so far utilize the direct out in Monitor out as a stereo option.

That's right and it's because the main outs are 'reserved' for FOH by most users (and rightfully so).
    Monitor out and direct out would be the preferred method and the output option would be master L for one and master R for the other.

• I received my camplifier 290 and it is so damn awesome so far. If i would have had this prior to buying my last two tube heads, I might not have gotten them. Very nice compliment to the kemper. Running a Randall RV 412 with v30s and g75 t's. Sound is very impressive. Time will tell how stable the setup is. So far very well built