No sound in Logic with SPDIF input

• Hi,

This is probably not really a Kemper issue as much as a Logic/Focusrite issue but I'm posting it anyway in the hope that some of you have the same setup or have seen the problem before.

I've been using two regular jack cables into my Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 to record to Logic Pro X until now. It's been working just fine. I thought I'd move to SPDIF to make sure I'm not losing any sound quality between my Kemper and the sound card. My problem is that no sound shows up in Logic:

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/EBaYc9O.png]

As you can see from the screenshot, there's sound coming into the Scarlett, and I can indeed hear this sound just fine if I turn on Zero Latency Tracking in Scarlett MixControl (routing the inputs straight back instead of through the DAW).

I'd expect to hear sound in Logic, but it is silent and as you can see the meter (Audio 8) is not showing any signal.

I've switched back to jack cables after and that is still working fine.

Anyone know what could be causing this? My project setting is 44.1kHz in Logic, the same as in Scarlett MixControl.

• Thank you! Since you asked if I was sure about the inputs (I had chosen the numbers corresponding to what I saw in Scarlett MixControl) I went through them all in Logic and the SPDIF sound is indeed coming in on input 9-10. Problem solved!

:)

• Glad you solve the problem .
    I also have Scarlett and Logic X , recording via SPDIF.
    One have to be sure everything is correct in Scarlett mix .
    BTW, I am extremely satisfied with recorded tone from this combination.
    The other day , I tried to tweak my guitar recorded tracks with Logic plugins and effects .
    After 3 hours I erase everything and leave just original record from Kemper, no any intervention from Logic , no EQ, no reverb, delay ,nothing ...
    It just sound the best with pure Kemper sound .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)