TOKAI: Premium Series LC200 "Custom" - Custom Shop

• Very nice guitar, but not really close...

Your Edwards is made in China and assembled in the ESP Japan factory, the Tokai LC200 is made in Japan.

The specs on this particular LC200 are off the chart, if the big G made a Custom with the same specs it would be $8,000.

I am aware in where my guitar is made, but if you ever had your hands on an Edwards LP like this and on a ESP Eclipse for example (which is Japan made) then you couldn't find any differences at all aspects, especially construction quality. My point is that i trust my hands and ears, there are a lot of people that with the knowledge of something is made in china they don't buy it. There are guitars made in china like mine and others like Harley Bentons, but can we make this comparison? In my opinion we can't.

The specs on this Tokai are definitely top-noch, no doubt about that, i would buy it without second thoughts over an overpriced big G :)

• I am aware in where my guitar is made, but if you ever had your hands on an Edwards LP like this and on a ESP Eclipse for example (which is Japan made) then you couldn't find any differences at all aspects, especially construction quality. My point is that i trust my hands and ears, there are a lot of people that with the knowledge of something is made in china they don't buy it. There are guitars made in china like mine and others like Harley Bentons, but can we make this comparison? In my opinion we can't.

The specs on this Tokai are definitely top-noch, no doubt about that, i would buy it without second thoughts over an overpriced big G :)

No doubt about it Edwards are great guitars...it's a pity ESP (or Tokai) aren't allowed to export and market them in the USA...that would be the end of Epiphone and cause huge damage to the big G.

When a guitar is assembled in Japan you can bet it will not leave the ESP factory unless it's perfection.
    I've experienced Japanese quality control for 6 years now, it's unbelievable, every guitar is flawless on arrival.

I play a made in China Tokai myself, killer guitar, I love it.

• When a guitar is assembled in Japan you can bet it will not leave the ESP factory unless it's perfection.
    I've experienced Japanese quality control for 6 years now, it's unbelievable, every guitar is flawless on arrival.

That's so true...i saw a Gibson LP Custom yesterday (which costs 3.000 euros) in a local shop and it had flaws in design that you couldn't believe you would see on a guitar with such a price. Even my Edwards is better, which is perfect. Also that painted black richlite fretboard...bliah...

@tom3316
    As i said above, if you hold and look closely an ESP Eclipse or an ESP Horizon and after them do the same with an ESP Edwards then you will notice no differences in terms of build quality. Flawless guitars. So made in China or Japan, doesn't matter for me at all :)