Merged Cab - new feature

• So then basically, if we are not profiling, we don't press the merge button at all. Correct? Then you are saying we can't get a 100% authentic sound if it wasn't already profiled by someone? In my previous example, by not pressing the "Merged" button the Fender amp and Marshall cab sound close but not authentic?

As has already been mentioned, only the original author of both the Direct Amp profile and matching Studio profile should be using the Merge function.

Merged Profile = DA (Direct Amp) profile + Studio Profile.

Creating a Merged profile is a 2-step operation, and is performed by the original author of the profile. First, a Direct Amp profile is taken (no mic). Then, without making any changes to the reference amp settings, a studio profile is taken (with mic'd cabinet).

The KPA now has information on the Amp, as well as the Amp + Cabinet combination. Upon initiating the Merge process, the KPA authentically recognizes precisely what part of the profile is a contribution of the Amp and what is the contribution of the Cab.

The KPA can now accurately subtract out the "Cab" portion of the Merged Profile. An example of such a scenario is when someone is using this Merged profile, and wants to use only the DA part of the profile to send to a physical guitar cab, while sending the full studio profile (with Cab) to the mixer and Front of House.

Cheers,
    John

• Ok I posted a thread in the Free Rigs section as I am going in to profile the sh*t out of my Splawn. I want to make DA and Studio profiles. Is it ok to keep my DI box connected through the entire process? I am ordering the Kemper one (probably) but currently have the Behringer Ultra G-100. I would hate to have to keep connecting and disconnecting the DI for each profile but I will if I have to.

• Purely based on hearsay, I'd definitely say get the KDI. That's what I would do anyway.

I'm betting you'll use multiple mics (and thus some kind of mixer), and possibly some outboard gear etc. Make sure that none of this will be in the loop when doing the profiles. I could maybe see a potential for screwing up here when things go fast :)

How do you mean "in the loop"? Yes the mic's will go through a mixing console. I am hoping to maybe use the Neve mic pre but not a bunch of other "stuff".