All nrpn or sysex command Available in an understable document....

• Hello,

Is it possible to have a clear doc which explains how to configure a midi controller to trigger the differents parameters à the KPA ?
    PDF available is quite a mess....

It will be so easier to have a table with all paramters documented in NRPN or SYSEX sequences...
    OR
    Explain cith a clear and simple example how to fin or construct a NRPN or SYSEX message for one parameter isolated.
    OR
    Have the possibility to trigger a parameter on the KPA (in a special mode) and have the NRPN or SYSEX sequence dysplayed, ready to be inserted in my MIDI controller software....

Thanks for all people thatt could help me to control the differents parameters via NRPN or SYSEX;)

I have a liquid foot controller.

• I'am sure that it could be more detailed with real example and explained in order that Newbie people in NRPN sysex could be able to program a button theirselves...

Certainly no offense meant, but NPRN/SysEx communication isn't for newbies. Once you get used to thinking in HEX, the document starts to make sense. But unfortunately, reading the document is a skill unto itself.

And there's no easy way to teach you how to "program a button" because every controller does it differently and the vast majority of them do not support NRPN or SysEx for their buttons.

• I have a liquid foot ant it allows sysex ' i wiuld juste to have enought explnation to be able to construct a sysex message. It is not a complicared thing to do' i am used to development languages but the way it is explained in the reference doc is too confusing...
    if yiu are used to use sysex messages, please explain me with a parameter how to write the sequence.

• What are you trying to control?

i have a LF+12+ and use NRPN to adjust my main output volume for clean boost that doesn't take up an FX slot. I can send you the programming I have as an example.

sean

• It will be great! For example i would like to trigger a tremolo effect and change its rate parameter. things like that.
    using cc et pc is very easy but nrpn.... could you describe how you have construc your nrpn msg with infolartion contained in the reference doc please?

• In the MIDI docs, page 11, section "Single Parameter Change". The example is to change the Delay Volume, and you send the following SysEx:

F0 00 20 33 02 7f 01 00 4A 04 40 00 F7

Breaking it down...
    F0 00 20 33 02 7f (SysEx header)
    01 (function -- i.e. single parameter change)
    00 (ignore)
    4A 04 (NRPN indicating the parameter to change)
    40 00 (NRPN indicating the new value)
    F7 (end SysEx)

About the NRPNs above.... let's convert the first one... hex to decimal.
    4A = 74
    04 = 4
    NRPN == (74 x 128) + 4 == 9476

9476 matches the example in the documentation.

Above, the #74 means "Address Page 74", which is for the delay (SEE page 9)
    On that same page, Delay Volume is #4.... SOOOO the delay volume is at NRPN 4A 04 (9476). Whew.

The value to change it to is the second NRPN (40 00), which is 8192, or 50% of the max of 16384.

So, for example, Reverb Time, would be at address page 75, #6
    Which is HEX (4B 06), or decimal 9606.

To change it to 50% you would send the SysEx:
    F0 00 20 33 02 7f 01 00 4B 06 40 00 F7

Etc.

• Very more clear !!! Thank you very much and just in a few lines....

Is it possible to trigger an effect without assigning it to a stomp ? beacause i see parameters per stomp....
    For example if i want totrigger trmolo effect et change its rate parameter ?

Could you explain me more about the value of the parameter, i don't understand how you find NRPN 40 00 == 50% of the max of 16384 ....

Edited 2 times, last by Papoos ().

• If you don't assign it to a stomp, there's no effect in your rig and thus, nothing to change.
    When you are using the tremolo effect, you have already assigned it to a stomp.

You have to use the address page of the stomp in which your tremolo effect ist placed. The parameter for rate should be number 20 (in decimal) / 14 (hex): Modulation Rate.