MIDI loop back test - I think MIDI Out not working

• Hello!

I've upgraded firmware to the latest 3 version, rebooted the Kemper and MIDI Out connection with my FCB1010 UnO4Kemper Midi In connection is gone...

Is there a way to make a loop back test on the Kemper if the midi is working properly?

I did a Factory reset on my FCB1010, also reconfigured it again based on Uno4Kemper manual instructions, tried also to change Midi channel on Kemper (from Omni) and nothing seams to work...

Same issue also when I downgraded the Kaos back to 2.7.4....

Please, any advice is welcome!

Struna 8|:/:S||

• You can use MIDI PC Interface and MIDI OX to test your FCB1010 .

• Make sure you have it connected to the out, not thru.
    I just went live with FW 3.0 two days ago and MIDI was fine.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I have the same problem with 3.0 and FCB1010. When I switch effects on/off with kemper buttons the state is not returned back to FCB1010.

I can use FCB1010 to control the KPA with Midi Global Channel Omni and Channel 1.

FCB1010 is connected with two cables One in Midi IN and other in Midi OUT.
    In system menu / Perform mode menu I have assigned the Midi Device A to use Midi Out port and tested all the channels, no go.
    Need to check some additional new settings in KPA.

Is it possible that KPA no more sends CC messages about it's state changes ? RTFM ;)

Here is all that is mentioned in 3.0 release notes:

"MIDI commands can be triggered and transmitted to up to two external devices, whenever a Slot is loaded
    in Performance Mode. Select “MIDI Settings” on page “Slot Settings” and select the MIDI program change
    numbers associated with Slots of current Performance. In System menu, navigate to page “Perform Mode:
    MIDI”, and use soft knobs 1 and 2 to assign a MIDI channel to each of the external devices. Use soft buttons
    1 and 2 to determine whether the corresponding external devices are connected to MIDI OUT or MIDI
    THRU. For your convenience you could also assign logical names to those two external devices.
    "

Nothing about the changed CC behaviour...

I'll connect my KPA Midi OUT to PC and check this later with Midi OX

Edited 5 times, last by mattim ().

• Is there anybody with same problem... did not find out the solution to the problem -> if it is firmware based or hardware based...

Find a buddy in the neighbourhood who owns a KPA and a Uno4Kemper upgrade FCB1010 and the result is:
    Both footcontrollers - mine and his working fine on his KPA (with the latest FW), on mine KPA non of them isn't working in both directions... so that excludes the possibility having troubles with Uno or FCB1010...

All help would be welcome!

• mattim, do you use Uno4Kemper? Did you solve the issue?