FW 3.0 =>. how do I install. **ONLY**. the. new. 49. Merged / Direct Profiles. ?

• Hi all !

I have. 3.0. on and all is good ....... so far :)

On my. 3.0. Kemper I have only the 11 Profiles that I use ...... nice and lean :)

My Issue / Problem

If I want to load up. ONLY the new 49 Merged/Direct Profiles that I downloaded in the Feb 15
    "49 Pack" ...... how do I do this. ?

With FW 2.8 and prior, I formatted USB Stick, put whatever profiles I wanted on it and it all worded fine.

However ......... with 3.0. when I use the same process ie: format a USB stick, copy the 49 new profiles on to it and pop it in, it starts to do the importing but then stops saying the profiles are already on my 3.0 KPA ........ but they aren't ?!?!?

I know I can do a FW 3.0 Factory re-install and it will put all 348 profiles including the 49 new ones, but I really don't want to do it this way and then I will have all these extra profiles I don't use / want / need.

Is there a simple way to just get the new 49 profiles on to an existing 3.0 KPA without having to use a computer connected to it with Rig Manager .... as I have never had to do this before :)

Thanks,
    Ben

Edited once, last by benifin ().

• What happened here:

First try - told me the files were already on the KPA, and didn't import any.
    Second try - imported 2 files, told me the rest were already on the KPA.
    Third try - imported the other 47 profiles.

IOW...just don't give up :D

• Hi paults and Trazan

Re: the Shared Folder. ...... I have never done it this way ....... I have always just taken my USB Stick .... formatted it totally clean - never created any directories or sub-directories on it ....... copied the required Profiles files on to the stick ..... popped it in ...... always worked and never had an issue ....... :) ?

I reckon given these USB issues - as reported elsewhere too - that Kemper will release an updated 3.0 Beta in the next day or so ........ maybe in the meantime I'll try re-naming the raw files names of the 49 new profiles in Windows Flies Manager by adding " 3.0 " to the front of their existing raw file names and see if the KPA will accept them that way .....?

Ben

• @benifin

DON'T rename them in Windows. they have cautioned people not to rename profiles that way.

You CAN rename them in Rig Manager.

I have another "just checking" question - do you have your "view' set to "All Rigs"? If not, the View setting may not show them in the Kemper.

From the 3.0 Reference Manual:
    You can either transfer these rigs from your Mac or PC to your Profiler using our Rig Manager application or use your dedicated USB stick. In this case please copy the Rigs to the directory called “Shared” on your USB stick. Next, plug the USB stick into the USB slot of your Profiler and switch to Browse Mode. Then press the soft button “External
    Storage.” You will be presented with an option to import the content. Importing the content will merge the new data with your existing Rigs, Performances, Presets, and Snapshots.

• If you use rig manager, you can just create a folder in RM, download the pack from Kemper site and drag them (MAC) into the new folder. You can then preview and play them from Rig Mgr. If you want to import them into Kemper, just drag them from your new folder into the My Kemper folder and you're done.

• If you use rig manager, you can just create a folder in RM, download the pack from Kemper site and drag them (MAC) into the new folder. You can then preview and play them from Rig Mgr. If you want to import them into Kemper, just drag them from your new folder into the My Kemper folder and you're done.

Agreed.

Or, just "Load Factory Rigs" in the System Menu. You may like the other new rigs that get loaded, too :)