dxr10 clipping noise

• i just got my dxr10 today. im pushing it a bit to see what it will do in a live situation . we have a loud drummer.it sounds great except for the fact that it is making this clipping , overdriven kind of sound quite a bit. i have xlr main out of kemper to main in on the dxr10 . just about 4 1/2 on the kemper main out and about - 3db on the monitor out. also i have tried some different patches and its there on some more than others , but still there.

• Any sign of clipping on input or output of kemper? I've played with loud drummers no issue with a dxr10 myself and just wonder if it's down to the signal received rather than the Yamaha.

• I had the same issue, but resolved it. I have my Kemper master volume at 10, then XLR main out to XLR in on DXR. The DXR settings are off on how it is setup and I have the cut at 100. I can roll it up to 0db before the volume is too loud to bear. Make sure also that the boost on the back of the DXR is on the lower setting, because you are already sending it a hot signal. The majority of my rig volumes are at 0 to +-1.

My theory was to send the DXR the hottest signal I could and then adjust its volume to taste.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• I had the same issue, but resolved it. I have my Kemper master volume at 10, then XLR main out to XLR in on DXR. The DXR settings are off on how it is setup and I have the cut at 100. I can roll it up to 0db before the volume is too loud to bear. Make sure also that the boost on the back of the DXR is on the lower setting, because you are already sending it a hot signal. The majority of my rig volumes are at 0 to +-1.

My theory was to send the DXR the hottest signal I could and then adjust its volume to taste.

i tried this and im digging the sound!! thanks for the input

Setting the Kemper master volume to 10 doesn't really tell me what your output level is. What is the Main Volume setting of Output Volumes when you're in the Output settings?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I will check on the output settings. Away from my Kemper till tomorrow, but will post them as soon as I am back at the studio.

• Ok got all my settings from the output. Main Out volume is at 0.00 db. Clean Sense is at -3.40 and Distortion Sense is at 0.00. Hope this helps.

• Thanks. You're running that quite a bit hotter than I do. I have the Main output at -10db. Paul, Ingolf, and others with DXR10's, where do you set yours?

• Thanks. You're running that quite a bit hotter than I do. I have the Main output at -10db. Paul, Ingolf, and others with DXR10's, where do you set yours?

Some people gain stage with the Kemper at a fixed output, and control the volume on the back of the DXR. I was initially doing it that way, because I has sending a signal to FOH from the back of the DXR. It was a very inconvenient way to adjust volume.

I'm now sending Main Output to FOH, and using the Master Volume knob to control the Monitor Out level. It is typically in the 4 to 5 range. I think the middle of that range (4.5) is around -14db

I use the Monitor Out of the KPA into the 1/4" input on the DXR10.
    I have the DXR10 Input set to -12db. (or, whatever the exact value is of the line between -8 and -20)
    D-Contour is OFF
    Depending on the room, HPF is OFF or at 100hz

• Some people gain stage with the Kemper at a fixed output, and control the volume on the back of the DXR. I was initially doing it that way, because I has sending a signal to FOH from the back of the DXR. It was a very inconvenient way to adjust volume.

I'm now sending Main Output to FOH, and using the Master Volume knob to control the Monitor Out level. It is typically in the 4 to 5 range. I think the middle of that range (4.5) is around -14db

I use the Monitor Out of the KPA into the 1/4" input on the DXR10.
    I have the DXR10 Input set to -12db. (or, whatever the exact value is of the line between -8 and -20)
    D-Contour is OFF
    Depending on the room, HPF is OFF or at 100hz

I have mine connected via XLR in my home studio, and don't want to fool with the output settings when I play at church using the same XLR output, so my level is fixed at -10db. However, if I were using mine as a monitor at a gig, I'd do what you're doing too.

• I tried it the other way originally, but I just got more unwanted noise than I wanted. We play heavier material so mostly the guitar is being overdriven and with medium to high gain amp settings.

It is a little inconvenient to adjust the volume, but I know where I want it for rehearsal and live use so it is a quick setup at the beginning and then on with the show.

However, with everything being said. I am selling my DXR10 and going to go with the AccuGroove Jack Hammer cabinet powered by a Crown XLS 1500. Been talking to Mark Wright, the founder at AccuGroove, and I really dig what they are doing.