FW 3.0 " 49 Pack " Profiles ........ the real 'vs' real-digital debate is over !!!

• CORRECT PROFILE AUTHOR REFERENCE NOW !!!!

I have spent the last 48 hours using just 4 or 5 of the 3.0 Direct profiles form the " 49 " pack and a couple of Rig Exchange Direct profiles

- OTS Clean [ 49 Pack Michael Britt ]
    - Thumas MKIII 02 and 06 crunch's' [ Rig Exchange ]
    - Gentle King [ 49 Pack TAF ]
    - Mars Hi Sue Marshall [ 49 Pack Deadlight Studios ]
    - MeBo Stiletto Crunch Tight and Normal [ 49 Pack Deadlight Studios ]

KPA => Matrix SS => Real 2 x 12 Celestion Closed back Cab

Long story short - spent about 30 seconds tweaking each one .... yes they do require tweaking to individual taste / guitar / pickups [ P90 in my case ] ...... but they are so inherently "right " / "accurate " / "precise " that the tweaking is super quick and very musical ....

Real Digital is here ..... period !!

I actually own a 1986 MKIII Boogie 1 x 12 Reverb and EQ combo [ short head ] and its a total screamer / cranker ....... the " Thumas " Rig Exchange [ FREE ..... did I say FREE !!! ] MKIII Direct crunch profiles sound better than my real amp - I actually ran them side-by-side I was that stunned !!!!

I thought and hoped and suspected that good, well done Direct Profiles would be the final tipping point ....... you know ..... as brilliant as the Kemper is at "guessing " the Post-Power-Amp-Pre-Speaker-Cab-Split-Point ......it can never be "perfect" ......... some "splits" it does are spot-on .... some not-so-spot on ..........now it is perfect .... and it sounds perfect ..... :)

Done :)

Edited 4 times, last by benifin ().

• I don't think there was any mark iii in the new kemper merged pack.
    i have uploaded some on rig exchange called 02 and 06 i guess it's those you mention?

My sincere apologies Thumas - YES I did mean YOUR profiles - AWESOME WORK !!!!!!!!

• maybe take a break? ! you need to rest your ears every couple of hours ideally..

Ha ha ... :) I might have been exagerating about the 48 hours :) :) ....... but I have given them all a great going over ........ BTW ........ my first post has now been corrected to refer to and acknowledge the proper authors of Direct profiles.

Seriously ...... this is game-changing stuff here ......

Thanks to all.

Ben

Edited 4 times, last by benifin ().