Output Levelling ...........

• I know I've raised this before but is there any chance of an effect that would allow all output levels ( linked to the Input Sens values maybe ) to level the output of profiles used ?

I play in a few bands and the profile volumes change night to night.....

Is there a way to ensure that none of them I select on any given night wont blow FOH speakers ? Ive had responses before about levelling per rig but that's not that easy when you never know what profiles youre gonna need to use .........

anyone out there to back me up ?

• I don't think there is any way around it. I've manually leveled around 40 Performance Mode rigs for my main gig, and another 20 or so for a side gig. Fortunately, there is some overlap between gigs, or there would be more.

if you have a pool of rigs that you may randomly need to use, this is the fastest way I know how to do it:
    1)balance one clean and one gain sound to each other.
    2) balance all the other clean sounds to the first clean sound.
    3) balance all the other gain sounds to the first gain sound.

• I don't think there is any way around it. I've manually leveled around 40 Performance Mode rigs for my main gig, and another 20 or so for a side gig. Fortunately, there is some overlap between gigs, or there would be more.

if you have a pool of rigs that you may randomly need to use, this is the fastest way I know how to do it:
    1)balance one clean and one gain sound to each other.
    2) balance all the other clean sounds to the first clean sound.
    3) balance all the other gain sounds to the first gain sound.

I've done same. I set them as Favourites first then levelled them same way. I've only 6 or so amp models I use and I do a clean, crunch, dirty for each mostly.

Steve

• I've only 6 or so amp models I use and I do a clean, crunch, dirty for each mostly.

How do you do this?
    Use the same amp model and change gain, or have the same amp profiled 6 times ith differentgain settings?
    From me feeling, increasing gain does not (always) work very good on all profiles... I mostly get a "fizzy" sound and for my feeling a quite "standard gain structure".
    Reducing gain from a profile with higher gain setting (when profiled) works for me.

Just to metion: I am far from beeing an expert and still have to work a lot on my hearing - so my experience might be just my failure... Or lack of knowledge abot gain structures and real amp behaviour. Just want to know, if someone shares this experience...

• How do you do this?
    Use the same amp model and change gain, or have the same amp profiled 6 times ith differentgain settings?
    From me feeling, increasing gain does not (always) work very good on all profiles... I mostly get a "fizzy" sound and for my feeling a quite "standard gain structure".
    Reducing gain from a profile with higher gain setting (when profiled) works for me.

Just to metion: I am far from beeing an expert and still have to work a lot on my hearing - so my experience might be just my failure... Or lack of knowledge abot gain structures and real amp behaviour. Just want to know, if someone shares this experience...

Crunch - usually just a little gain works. Kemper behaves very much like a real tube amp and reacts nicely to pick attack, harder you play crunchier it gets, also guitar vol is your friend.
    Dirty - more gain and/or a distortion effect. I like the Green Scream in stomps.

You still may need to use an EQ to reduce any fizz and you can adjust levels with it too.

I'm pretty good at getting a nice sound with valve amps but the Kemper is a whole new ball game - so much more in there to tweak and it can be difficult or slow work on your own. I'm lucky I can speed up the process, I've a tame guitarist friend who will play all day if I let him, switch him on, tell him what sort of music to play and I mess with settings until he shouts "That's it" - mostly we agree :)

Steve

• If you want to get scientific about it...

A while back I did a level-matched set of DI profiles based on the Egnater Rebel-30, and at the time I'm pretty sure I set their output levels by reamping a reference strum pattern through each and tweaking their output for consistent VU levels. If I had to do it again today, I'd use a LUFS meter like Ozone's Insight for the purpose; this would work ideally for both clean and distorted tones alike. If it's good enough for broadcast radio, it's good enough for me!