Anyone using a single Mission Engineering Gemini Passive cab?

• Kind of curious about them. Wish Sweetwater had the 24 months same as cash on them. Would be worth trying a Mission powered or passive cab out. How does it sound versus PA and or headphones with some space added? Do you have to tweak the heck out of the output eq?

I've often considered buying the Celestion driver that I assume it contains and using one with the crossover in my atomic just for giggles without even looking at the cab and crossover recommendations. For some reason I try these blind SWAG experiments. Hehe :P

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Thinking about plugging my Atomic FR 12+4" horn lens up to my modded/rebuilt 1973 Plush 3000G 140/160 watt tube amp straight into the power amp section. Supposedly the huge azz iron in those things were very nice hifi grade transformers. They are iron beasties! I would expect a fairly uncolored output up to as high as 50-70% of full wattage. I doubt I will ever push it anywhere near the 140/160 watt max output, but have more headroom than the 50 watt built in power amp for larger monitor demand venues.

The rating of the cab is 200 watts and I'll never approach that and power should be in the clean curve.

I'll post the results with the stock atomic FR cab (not wedge) woofer and horn. Looking forward to your comments on the Mission cab and what amp you are using. :)

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Booyah!

I might have bought my Komet from a buddy of yours, Don't' tell him I already got her profiled!

Ex Hernando regular here. 8)

Somebody check my sig and email me if you can since PM's don't work ....or hit me up on TGP,

thanks.

Randall

Edited 2 times, last by flcmcya ().

• I've spent a week with them n the road and gotta say the sound is way better for stage than any FRFR I've tried, much better mids and no harsh high end. I will need to spend some time tweaking, been on the road for 10 days. I'm hoping to add highs and presence to a lot of my profiles I use, had tones them down to sound good with my EV ZLX 12P's. Will let you all know what I find start fiddling around tomorrow.

flcmcya not sure I know who you got the Komet from but it's a small area so I probably do, would love to see a profile of it, pretty serious amp.

• I went for it last night after our first set and did what my ears were telling me to do with the monitor out EQ. I dropped a ton of bass out, added treble and a touch of presence and the blanket came off. The sound was phenomenal, crisp clear, tons of beef and no harsh highs. These cab rock!