Big Sky from Strymon any experiences?

• Got mine for a week or so.. Great pedal. Was missing some killer verb tones and ambiant sounds. Got it working in the effects loop, but also tried it b'tween the KPA and DXR input. Disadvantage of that setup is when switching midi i cant put it in by pass mode and have to switch it manually.. (working with the GCP in browser mode) this will maybe change when i got my KPR. For some reason the latter option was sounding better.. probably because the verb is at the end of the chain that way..

any other experiences or tips?

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

• Hi nixxo,

you could make a Strymon preset with the mix knob down to "bypass" the Strymon without switching it off manually ;)

I've used my BigSky in a stereo loop as I still do it with my Timeline and Neunaber Wet Reverb. That is easier for me, because I can change the wet/dry-mix with the Kemper. I'm also running a stereo setup and that works great with the stereo reverbs from the BigSky. Some of them have quite some subtle stereo imaging, but they give a great big room feeling :thumbup:

I'm still encountering some problems when using a reverb in the Kemper loop. I would be thankful, if anybody could test the following:
    - Mono or Stereo Loop in X or Mod position with a (long) reverb from the BigSky or any other reverb pedal
    - Turn the Kemper Delay on and off by pressing the softbutton twice in a row
    - Play some chords
    -> Do you get some glitches like those at 0:11 and 0:17 ?

Cheers,
    Stefan

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• I love my BigSky, and I use it in a stereo loop. In general, I've noticed a slight "tone suck" when using the KPA mono/stereo loops. It's really not any different than using the effects loop in Two-Rocks I've owned though, so I don't worry about it since that's how a real amp reacts using an effects loop. My buddy uses his on the front end of the amp/without a loop bc the amps he's owned before the KPA didn't have an effects loop. If you're looking for some sounds for your BigSky, I made the YouTube presets that Strymon demos on their website here:

Download for Strymon BigSky YouTube Presets

• you could make a Strymon preset with the mix knob down to "bypass" the Strymon without switching it off manually

malleus, thanks for the tip :thumbup: i'm a RTFM lazy bastard (read the fu#@ing manual) probably would have found that somewhere in there :rolleyes: ill try to help you out with that question, wich preset did you use in the clip?

[My buddy uses his on the front end of the amp/without a loop bc the amps he's owned before the KPA didn't have an effects loop. If you're looking for some sounds for your BigSky, I made the YouTube presets that Strymon demos on their website here:Download for Strymon BigSky YouTube Presets

Eagle117 thanks for the preset's :thumbup: i was wondering the same thing as you did about the presets and still a bit searching for that beautiful sounds.. this will help a lot. at the moment having only one DXR at home the other one is in the rehearsal room but gonna use him also stereo! (i also bought it without playing on it ;) )

ps.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

my fear to..

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

Edited once, last by nixxo13 ().

• malleus, thanks for the tip :thumbup: i'm a RTFM lazy bastard (read the fu#@ing manual) probably would have found that somewhere in there :rolleyes: ill try to help you out with that question, wich preset did you use in the clip?

If I remember it correctly, that is an altered pattern delay from the Strymon Timeline and a long Neunaber Wet Reverb. So no BigSky on this one. :D I'm just curious, if you are experiencing similar glitches when using long reverbs. (Especially with the on-off-delay-switching ;) That could be some bug in every Kemper or just in mine...)