Power Amp

• I'm getting ready to buy a Kemper and was wondering if a A/B power amp your typical PA amp would work well as a power amp? I know a tube power amp would be more suitable but I want to purchase a amp that I can use for other things. Thinking of getting a small crown power amp. Thanks for any input.

• Could talk a lot of bla, but it's all in the forum. To make it short: My personal conclusion is that Kempers own powered rack is the best way to go. P.A. amps color the sound too much, tube power amps reduce the Kemper to a preamp, built in 3rd party amps can't use the power amp boost. Go with the solution Kemper offers to you for maximum compatibility.

• I too would not recommend a guitar tube amp, because they are not linear enough. It's not the technology, is the design.
    OTOH, a linear tube amp of adequate power would cost more than the Profiler itself... ;)

As for the boost, it of course depends on how much power you need. I'm not missing it at all.

• The power amp boost is related to the specific amp that's in the active Profilers. To ensure a (very) healthy, clean headroom, the output at maximum isn't actually the full 300/600* Watts (*depending on the impedance of the speaker). The power amp boost is there if you desire more volume (eg with a speaker with a lower sensitivity) and don't mind eating in to that headroom (on medium to high gain settings for example, where the signal becomes naturally compressed by nature).

Cheers,
    Sam