Need to reinit my pedal after each boot

• Hi !
    I have one pedal , in slot #6 of the remote.
    When I turn my kemper on, I always have to init my pedal, because it is at 10-15% when the pedal is in 0% position (heel).
    After the reinit, everything is fine until the end of my session.
    I didn't have this behaviour when the pedal was connected to the kemper itself before i received the remote.
    Any suggestion ?

• Are you using it for Monitor Volume? There may not be that many people who do that.

I suggest opening a Support Ticket, and letting Kemper know about your issue.

I have some issues with my expression pedal as well. The Kemper seems to "lose" the position of the pedal when I switch between different profiles or sometimes even after playing after a while on the same profile. It's really noticeable when it happens in the middle of a passage, suddenly I'll find that at "zero" position (I have zero set to somewhere in the middle of the expression pedal sweep) has moved up by a semitone or down by a semitone. Unfortunately, it's difficult to predict when this will happen, so I am at my wit's end about what to do.

I had promised Mr CK I'd make a video in my thread about this issue, but haven't had time. Will definitely do so. I think it happens when a pedal is not reset to heel or toe position when you activate an expression pedal based effect. Another issue is that the pedal will sometimes default to heel position and I assume this is on account of switching an effect in and out of the Kemper.

• Are you using it for Monitor Volume? There may not be that many people who do that.

I suggest opening a Support Ticket, and letting Kemper know about your issue.

I use it for wah. I used the slot #6 only because it's the closest to the pedal.

• I have some issues with my expression pedal as well. The Kemper seems to "lose" the position of the pedal when I switch between different profiles or sometimes even after playing after a while on the same profile. It's really noticeable when it happens in the middle of a passage, suddenly I'll find that at "zero" position (I have zero set to somewhere in the middle of the expression pedal sweep) has moved up by a semitone or down by a semitone. Unfortunately, it's difficult to predict when this will happen, so I am at my wit's end about what to do.

I had promised Mr CK I'd make a video in my thread about this issue, but haven't had time. Will definitely do so. I think it happens when a pedal is not reset to heel or toe position when you activate an expression pedal based effect. Another issue is that the pedal will sometimes default to heel position and I assume this is on account of switching an effect in and out of the Kemper.

i have the same problems with my expressionpedals
    but i do not exactly know when it happens

• OK. but what exactly are the colors? what I'd like to know is how exactly the potmeter is connected to the jack of the remote (for example: tip=slider, sleeve=resistor track begin, shield=resistor track end) ? furthermore I'm not sure what the influence is of the legacy electronics still connected inside the pedal. 100k should work fine by the way.

• For your convenience I've taken some actual measures between the 3 jack contacts:

Heel position:
    sleeve - tip = 95.8 k
    ring - tip = 78.9 k
    ring - sleeve = 20.6 k

Toe position:
    sleeve - tip = 95.8 k
    ring - tip = 2.4 k
    ring - sleeve = 96.8 k

Random position in the middle:
    sleeve - tip = 95.8 k
    ring - tip = 16.9 k
    ring - sleeve = 82 k

It looks like :
    <sleeve - tip> is always the same
    sum of <ring - tip> + <ring - sleeve> is always the same
    <ring - tip> reflects the pedal position

Edited once, last by lef38 ().

• Also I've noticed that once the pedal is initalized, it works perfectly during the session, but if I unplugged the pedal and plug it back in, the calibration is lost once again.
    The unit just seems to reset the calibration as soon as a pedal is plugged in.

So i don't think it's a problem with my pedal, but rather a problem of kpa not saving the calibrations.

• Ok I figured out my issue. I had my "volume" control on my FV500 down below max so it wasn't giving a full sweep without me initializing it in my kemper.
    I set the knob on the FV500 to max and all is well now.