Newbie question about PC audio interface and rear inputs.

• Hello,

My shiny new Kemper just arrived! I have a newbie question about the inputs on the back that I couldn't figure out from the manual.

I'm trying to connect the output of my PC audio interface to the ALTERNATIVE INPUT on the back of the Kemper so that I can re-amp a dry channel by sending it back through the amp. Right now it only works when I connect the audio interface output to the *front* input of the Kemper. It's not the end of the world, just would be a lot cleaner to have the wires all in the back. Is there some kind of option I need to change in the interface menus to enable this rear port? I also tried using RETURN INPUT but that didn't work either.

Thanks!

Dave

• Ok I solved it myself by accident.

The OUTPUT section has an option called 'Aux In >Headphone'. Turning it up fixes my problem. The confusion here is that I'm using the monitor output, not headphones. I guess it makes sense for them to be linked together since it would be the same audio, but I feel I would've found the option sooner if maybe it were called 'Aux In >Monitor'.

• Good job! I've never used it - I appreciate the tip :)

I just found a reference in the "Deeper View" manual - each of the two controls affects two separate outputs.

Auxiliary Input
    The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as a mp3-player, into your Profiler to play along with it. In the Output/Master menu, the Auxiliary Input function is equipped with two controls: one to feed the aux signal to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well as S/PDIF OUT, and another to feed it to the MONITOR and HEADPHONE OUTPUT. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your HEADPHONE OUTPUT, while the MAIN OUTPUT stays unaffected.

• Ok second solution because I'm a dumbass. The option in OUTPUT only caused the raw input to be sent through the MONITOR OUT. The option I wanted was in the INPUT menu, where you can configure which input is used. I hate having to admit my stupidity but I don't want someone else reading my first two posts and getting totally confused. :)