What guitar to buy to showcase the Kemper

• Any sales rep from Anderson here? Whats the magic behind it? Its a guitar with good parts and good optik. Good parts, good wood, good guitar.
    Last tip: Here Music, here the sound of different guitars (different players to ;) ). I can buy 10 Andersons, but i never sound like Gene Black.
    Good sound isnt only a good guitar. Think of your fingers. Eddie van Halen can play with a with an 300 Dollar Model and he sounds great (maybe when he uses a kpa :P ). Hope you find the holy grail for you.

I agree with this, but I kind of see it in the same way that if I purchased a new Ferrari, I know it wouldn't make me a better driver - but I'd be grinning like an idiot every minute I was behind the wheel! (even if Sebastian Vettel in a Prius could out race me).

Lifes too short to deny yourself nice things :)

• I've owned a boatload of boutique guitars over the years and there are some amazing builders out there. $3500 is a great budget for a guitar, but I see no benefit in spending that on a retail sale. $3500 guitars resell at between 50-80% of their new cost depending on maker and supply (and fashion). Decide what you want tonally and play a bunch of guitars to see what floats your boat. Buy used at a fair price and you can recover your cash if you select incorrectly. If you buy new, you'll eat all that retail value. Just my 0.02.

• If money weren't an issue and believe me it surely is. I would buy equipment and give a go of trying to build my own guitars. I do like the idea of upgrading all my other guitars that could stand to use it though. GAS is a devious little devil! Going to sit patiently but now because of that little "devil", I may just get myself a PRS SE Floyd Rose 24 to hold me over. I'm thinking of being patient enough to wait till our family trip to San Francisco to go try an Anderson in person. So many guitars so little time! er, money.