Feature request: smart display filters

• In addition to managing Performance slots (which is apparently coming in Rig Manager 2), by biggest feature request for Rig Manager is the ability to create custom display filters.

I currently use numerous folders and subfolders to organize my profiles, but it is affecting RM's performance. Creating and renaming subfolders take a looong time. Another limitation of folders is that you need to create redundant copies of profiles if you want profiles to live in more than one folder.

It would be simpler to have all profiles live in single folder, and instead create custom display filters that determine which profiles are shown. The current RM Search box is very limited in that it searches all tags.

I propose a display filter similar to "Smart Collections" in Adobe Lightroom 5. Smart Collections are live and they dynamically filter which photos are displayed according to rules you write. Your Smart Collections are saved and can be recalled at any time. Smart Collections look just like folders, and are selected in the UI just like you select folders, but they don't actually contain any data.

For more information about Smart Collections in Adobe Lightroom, check out the following links. It's such an incredibly useful and powerful feature, and even fun to use.

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2…tions-in-lightroom-5.html

http://digital-photography-sch…htroom-smart-collections/

For example, imagine creating a Smart Collection that shows all Marshall profiles (from any vendor) with a gain value above 5? Or, all Fender profiles by TAF that were profiled with a 121 microphone and has a rating of 3-5 stars and was created after a certain date? Or perhaps all Mesa Boogie profiles that contain the word "humbucker" in the Rig Comment tab, but does NOT contain the word "Rectifier" in the Amp Model tag? The possibilities are endless. You should be able to create a rule by using all available profile tags.

Thanks for listening!

• My Request: Show all our kpa intern amps, effects and cabs. Give us a chance to rename it and to organize them. Id like to give my f.e. churus presets names like Eddies Chorus or Petrucci Echo 450ms. If its on the RM i have a quick overview what inside the toaster, without scrolling (hate scrolling).