Direct Profiling and refinement options.

• Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm expecting my Kemper through the post early next week!

I am really interested in the direct profiling feature and have also bought a solidstate camplifier so I can play my direct profiles into my choice of cab/speakers.

I was just wondering how you guys have been dealing with testing/refining of the profile? Ideally I would like to test my profile against the real thing into the same cab and the only way I could think of doing this would be with an amp switcher such as the Radial Tonebone:

http://www.tonebone.com/headbone.php

The Radial one switches between an Solidstate and Tube head, which seems perfect, but are there any other options for this procedure?

Thanks for your help

Kieran

• If you are switching between the tube amp and the Kemper, you can use a SoundSculpture Switchblade, which enables this easily. The amp is connected to its cab and all pieces of gear are connected to the Switchblade. You then use software (or the device itself) to route the signal wherever you want. It is an awesome piece of gear.

Cheers,
    Jim

• Thanks for the reply Jim!

Looks good mate, but I found a way that works for me by just monitoring the output direct from the kemper over my speakers and switching between the reference (di on amp speaker output) and the profile. It sounds bad as its the direct output, but as long as they match at that stage I can save the profile and then switch the the amp off and plug the speaker lead into the Camplifier to test.

I have been blown away by how good the direct profiles have turned out! I knocked together a video of some tests I did last week and put it in a thread here:

Kemper Video Link

Cheers again for your help.

Kieran