Wah Expression Pedal Help.......

• I have tried searching this forum as well as fiddling around on the Kemper and can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.

I have a Mission EP-1 (Spring Loaded to stay in the up position and when depressed and let off of it returns to its up position with no need to push on a button at the end like a crybaby pedal) Expression Pedal that has one stereo jack in its side. I have a TRS Stereo 1/4" cable connected from the pedal to the back of the Kemper into the Switch/Pedal 1. All I am wanting to do is when I step on the expression pedal it is to be used as a wah and nothing more. I guess there would be some universal way to lock the pedal for a wah on when the expression pedal is activated.....

is this possible, and if it is can someone please explain how?

If it is not possible the way that I am wanting to go about it being universal, is there another way that I could activate this expression pedal to only use the wah......no fancy volume, or delay changes, or turning anything on or off......just a simple wah when needed. :)

Thanks!!

J.

Kemper Profiler Rack ---- Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp ---- Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab ---- Fender Cyber Twin ---- Peavey Transtube Bandit 1x12 ---- BOSS GT-10 Floor Pedal ---- Carvin Custom CT6 ---- Peavey Wolfgang Standard ---- EVH Frankenstein Replica ---- Taylor 814CE Acoustic

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/e51v50h/videos

• If I am understanding what you want here it is for the Wah effect to be off and have the pedal turn the effect on as soon as you move it off of the heel (up) position. If this is the case then simply setup the pedal as Wah in the pedal setup page of the system menus. Then in your Wah effect settings set the pedal mode parameter to 'Bypass @ heel'.

• Perhaps you should also try Bypass @ Stop Mode and make an active Wah Stomp on all you Rigs, from the manual:
    "Wah Pedal is active. The stomp effect will be smoothly faded in when you start moving the pedal, and smoothly faded out when you stop moving it."

• Thank you guys!!! I had played around in system settings and in attempting to get it to work on page 6 in system settings I turned the "Pedal One" to "expression type 1" but couldn't for the life of me get it to read Wah Wah. After fiddling around with it (rotating the knob back and forth many times) I got it to say it and then just left it alone........still not sure how I got it to say wah wah (previously it kept saying volume, or delay, or a couple other options but never wah wah). Never the less it now says wah wah and I then added a stomp box and set it both ways suggested (bypass at heel and bypass at stop) and it works just as i had hoped in bypass at heel. :thumbup:

I was really looking for a way to have this active on all of my rigs like a universal setting that is like having my Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah hooked up with my normal previous to the Kemper setup, but I really don't believe that is an option at this moment so i will just add a stomp box with these settings to each rig that I plan to use frequently and problem solved.........for now. ;)

Thank you guys very much for your direction. :thumbup:

J.

Kemper Profiler Rack ---- Carvin DCM1000L Power Amp ---- Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab ---- Fender Cyber Twin ---- Peavey Transtube Bandit 1x12 ---- BOSS GT-10 Floor Pedal ---- Carvin Custom CT6 ---- Peavey Wolfgang Standard ---- EVH Frankenstein Replica ---- Taylor 814CE Acoustic

• Cool! Now press and hold down the button below the active Wah Stomp you created (A button?), the edit screen will come into view, now press the Lock button over to the right, that Wah Stomp will now be in that same position on all your rigs.

Cool! Now press and hold down the button below the active Wah Stomp you created (A button?), the edit screen will come into view, now press the Lock button over to the right, that Wah Stomp will now be in that same position on all your rigs.

You sir..."Booyah"...are the man!!! :thumbup:

That works great!!! Didn't even think about locking that in........haha.

Thanx a million!!!