Rage against the machine profiles / presets / performances JCM whammy harmoniser etc.

• Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has (or can point me in the direction of..,) profiles of rage against the machine tones... Eg. Decent JCM tone

or perhaps presets for songs of theirs or even full performances!?

Much obliged.

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• In my opinion, amp tone is not very important for their sound. Just find a good rock sound profile you like and it might do the trick. I have played RATM songs on a mesa boogie mark IV before I got my Kemper and was quite happy with my tone.
    I'm my opinion using a neck single coil and picking quite heavy is more important than the amp sound.
    If you need any support setting up effects for certain songs, I might be able to help you.

Edit: I'm talking about performing live, not recording RATM songs.

• You're not wrong at all there dude! That too is my standard go-to approach for Rage songs haha. Just hoping to find a more similar tone than I have been able to achieve with amps in the past now that I'm using my Kemper :)

And yeah, I'll get back to you on that one as I may need some assistance; cheers! I'm still new to the Kemper so specific stuff that springs to mind now that may be difficult to locate is 'harmoniser' FX (specifically 5 & 10 semitones up/down)

I'm going to set up an entire 'Performance' stream for some Rage tracks so will need to get to grips with that and how to back it up just in case...!

If anyone else can weigh in it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• I did test the harmonic harmonizer with a 5th (down) during the Weekend and it sounded very RATM.

Do some further tests with the whammy emulation and try some more octaves up or down.

Love to! ...um, little help?! Haha (I'm still new to the Kemper...!) cheers :)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Not sure this is much help but we do a couple RATM covers and I use a Mesa Mark V and it sounds pretty great for their sound. My guitar is a humbucker but with 2 rods running through the neck and into the chamber making it very strat sounding. I have 2 whammy's set up for solos, 1 that goes an octave up and another that goes up 2 octaves, I also set up an auto wah for the solo in Bullet in the Head, I can't toggle the pickups with my setup. Best I could do without a Slicer effect and the wrong pickup/toggle switch configuration. I also use the Vinyl Stop effect on that song, just because it's cool as hell lol.

• Not sure this is much help but we do a couple RATM covers and I use a Mesa Mark V and it sounds pretty great for their sound. My guitar is a humbucker but with 2 rods running through the neck and into the chamber making it very strat sounding. I have 2 whammy's set up for solos, 1 that goes an octave up and another that goes up 2 octaves, I also set up an auto wah for the solo in Bullet in the Head, I can't toggle the pickups with my setup. Best I could do without a Slicer effect and the wrong pickup/toggle switch configuration. I also use the Vinyl Stop effect on that song, just because it's cool as hell lol.

Awesome man! Which Mark V preset is that (or are you talking about the actual amp haha!) ?

That sounds like excellent improvising - I'd love to check them out (particularly the BITHead auto wah & 'vinyl stop' effects!!!) ...are you able to share presets on here somehow? Or is it easier to use Dropbox or...?

Many thanks for your reply dude :)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• I might be able to tell you nearly all pitch shifter settings, if you ask for specific songs ;)

Immense! Thanks for your reply dude! Would it be easier to use the 'conversation' feature on the forum or just converse here?! I haven't used it yet so just wondering!

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• In my opinion, amp tone is not very important for their sound. Just find a good rock sound profile you like and it might do the trick. I have played RATM songs on a mesa boogie mark IV before I got my Kemper and was quite happy with my tone.
    I'm my opinion using a neck single coil and picking quite heavy is more important than the amp sound.
    If you need any support setting up effects for certain songs, I might be able to help you.

Edit: I'm talking about performing live, not recording RATM songs.

Currently focusing on 'Guerilla Radio' tonight - found a nice amp sound but the KPA tremolo seems fairly limited sadly :(

(depth maxed out at 10.0 on the Profiler - it just doesn't seem as impactful unfortunately... rate set at 6.4 / 6.7 this seems about as close as it can get to the record...)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Currently focusing on 'Guerilla Radio' tonight - found a nice amp sound but the KPA tremolo seems fairly limited sadly

(depth maxed out at 10.0 on the Profiler - it just doesn't seem as impactful unfortunately... rate set at 6.4 / 6.7 this seems about as close as it can get to the record...)

If you're talking about the solo at about 2:47, that's best done with the pickup toggle switch, neck pickup set to zero. My old Boss GT10 had a slicer effect that could come close enough live. He's doing the same thing Bullet in the Head, I just used the Kemper's Crywah in touch mode to try to make it sound different.

• If you're talking about the solo at about 2:47, that's best done with the pickup toggle switch, neck pickup set to zero. My old Boss GT10 had a slicer effect that could come close enough live. He's doing the same thing Bullet in the Head, I just used the Kemper's Crywah in touch mode to try to make it sound different.

I was referring to the (tremolo) intro but thanks nonetheless... Unfortunately my guitar doesn't have separate vol knobs for each pickup so I got a Killswitch installed on it. Does the Kemper have anything that could mimic/demonstrate that Boss GT10 'slicer' effect you mention?

As for the "crywah in touch mode" on the Kemper - I can't see either of those options! - it seems fairly limited, unless I'm doing something wrong.....?!

Nice one, thanks for the help

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Look at the WAH parameters:

Pedal Mode
    Selects how the wah effect responds to the wah pedal, or to touch response.

Off
    edal has no effect. The effect will be static, and can still be controlled by the “Manual” soft knob.

Touch
    Uses the picking strength to control the effect.

On
    Wah Pedal is active. Control the impact of the pedal by the “Range” parameter.

Bypass @ Stop
    Wah Pedal is active. The stomp effect will be smoothly faded in when you start moving the pedal, and smoothly faded out when you stop moving it.

Bypass @ Heel
    Wah Pedal is active. The stomp effect will smoothly fade out when you park the pedal at the heel position

Bypass @ Toe
    Wah Pedal is active. The stomp effect will smoothly fade out when you park the pedal at the toe position

• NICE ONE! Didn't see the page numbers for the parameters! Are they global or per preset ? (I imagine you can program them for each Wah, but what if you wanted to make it global ... ? save it as a USER STOMP ??)

Also, I see the vol. is -2.9 (dB I'm guessing...) on 'page 3/3' - does that mean there will be a drop in level when using the wah ?

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• NICE ONE! Didn't see the page numbers for the parameters! Are they global or per preset ? (I imagine you can program them for each Wah, but what if you wanted to make it global ... ? save it as a USER STOMP ??)

Also, I see the vol. is -2.9 (dB I'm guessing...) on 'page 3/3' - does that mean there will be a drop in level when using the wah ?

The parameters are set in each Rig. You can LOCK the wah in a stomp slot to make it available in all rigs, or you can save a User Preset, and add it to rigs.

There may not be a drop in level at -2.9db. That depends on the other wah settings. The Volume parameter is used to offset the frequency boost in the wah sound.

• Nice one once again dude! Very helpful :)

Don't suppose you have any solutions for the Tremolo ?! :P (there is only 1 on the Profiler and it doesn't have much impact even with the Depth maxxed out at 10.0 !! )

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack