I'm Confused: Effect Loop self-Mutes when Input Signal not Present?

• I have a delay pedal producing echos, but I only hear the echos when I'm hitting notes: the echos get muted as soon as I'm not hitting a note.
    The same thing happens with my Looper pedal: I can't hear the playback except when I'm sending an input signal to the KPA.
    This is pretty strange behavior.

Thankfully, I discovered that the Distortion Loop does not exhibit this behavior, so I seem to be okay for now, but I'm missing the logic here.
    The Manual states the the Mono and Stereo Loop are suitable for all non-distorting effects, but this is clearly not true.

• I have a delay pedal producing echos, but I only hear the echos when I'm hitting notes: the echos get muted as soon as I'm not hitting a note.
    The same thing happens with my Looper pedal: I can't hear the playback except when I'm sending an input signal to the KPA.
    This is pretty strange behavior.

Thankfully, I discovered that the Distortion Loop does not exhibit this behavior, so I seem to be okay for now, but I'm missing the logic here.
    The Manual states the the Mono and Stereo Loop are suitable for all non-distorting effects, but this is clearly not true.

Have you tried messing around with the loop level? Could be that it's low and truncating the signal.

• Okay, I've resolved this. I didn't realize that there are three zero settings for Ducking, -0.0, <0.0>, and +0.0. If you choose the wrong zero setting, it messes it all up.
    Thanks for the help y'all.

Edited once, last by Foivle ().