Best Kemper Power Head monitor setup for small studio?

• Hello,
    I have a small studio (12'x13') and am currently running the Kemper Power Head into a 4x12 cab. via its speaker out. While the output from the cab is good, and perhaps overkill for the size of the studio, I suspect that I am not experiencing the full range of tonality from this setup. Thus, I wonder if I would not benefit from a good pair of powered, near field monitors, such as, for example, the Neumann KH120? Any thoughts in re this dilemma ... guitar cab vs monitors?

I have reviewed the post below this one and have evaluated the monitor suggestions offered, however, they are too large for my application.

I should mention, that in either case, the cab and or monitors are for auditioning/practice purposes only. Actual mixing would be done via a digital recording deck and then transferred to a separate DAW with its own speaker monitoring system.
    Thank you in advance.

Edited 2 times, last by ronjazz ().

• KH120s are great. Very flat and transparent down to 60Hz, so they'll be great for any critical listening of anything audio related.

Edit : unless you're making EDM!

• If you want to hear all the nuances of different profiles, yes. A guitar cab has its own sonic signature that it will imprint on all profiles. However, if you aren't used to hearing and playing through a mic'ed cabinet, you might prefer the raw guitar cab approach. Try a pair in your local music store and take your Kemper with you is the best advice I can give.